WHIPPING IT OUT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHIPPING IT OUT

Post  kevin stoeveken on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:59 pm

i am going through a years worth of pictures and came across these i had forgotten about:

as a preface:
i didnt wanna put this under "members trees" because i dont own it any longer and it is more light-hearted than serious bonsai...

so my daughter was organizing a fund-raiser for the waupaca wisconsin arts board and she asked if i could "just whip up a quick bonsai" for the silent auction... i tried to explain thats not really how it works, but then she gives the look that only a daughter can give a father (no, not this one Rolling Eyes ... this is the one: Crying or Very sad )

so i cruised the garden center and found a likely candidate (parsons juniper) to have fun with

and whipped up this fake tanuki (redundant ?) type thing...

messing around with driftwood choices and potting options...

attachment

some quick n dirty deadwood...

didnt wanna lay on too many insults in one sitting, so only removed enough roots to get into the new pot
(luckily i had one on hand that was only marginally smaller)

and ended up with this... the definition of "turn & burn bonsai"

like i said at the beginning... nothing serious... just a bit of fun...

and she was happy, it was amongst the highest earning items for the auction, the auction winner was super stoked, and so that all made me a happy pappy

(and the auction winner already had a bit of a clue on how to handle it, but i was able to spend some time with him to explain after care, feeding water, etc...)

AAC Original Milwaukee Wi. Chapter - North America

aka beer city snake
link to ARBOR ARTS COLLECTIVE BLOG
kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum