Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STOLEN TREE ALERT - MID-WEST AREA OF THE U.S.

+2
Vance Wood
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
6 posters

Go down

STOLEN TREE ALERT - MID-WEST AREA OF THE U.S. Empty STOLEN TREE ALERT - MID-WEST AREA OF THE U.S.

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:40 pm

wasnt sure where to post this but here it is:

Our club to the South, Midwest Bonsai Society, has asked us to be on the lookout for a bonsai that has been stolen from the Chicago Botanic Garden courtyard last night.  Please report if anyone calls or brings in a tree (picture attached) for care instructions or sale.

Contact
Chris Baker
Curator of Bonsai
Chicago Botanic Garden
chbaker@chicagobotanic.org
847 835 6887 or his cell 410-967-0158

STOLEN TREE ALERT - MID-WEST AREA OF THE U.S. Stolen10
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

STOLEN TREE ALERT - MID-WEST AREA OF THE U.S. Empty Re: STOLEN TREE ALERT - MID-WEST AREA OF THE U.S.

Post  Vance Wood Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:17 pm

Are there any updates on this tree as of yet?
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

STOLEN TREE ALERT - MID-WEST AREA OF THE U.S. Empty Re: STOLEN TREE ALERT - MID-WEST AREA OF THE U.S.

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:03 pm

tree has been "returned" - minus the pot which was first found broken in the parking lot...
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  appalachianOwl Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Hot damn! Just ant believe would happen. Had a few of my Japanese Maples get stolen over the summer, I really think who ever took them thought they were pot... dumb people out there haha. Glad it found it's way home....
appalachianOwl
appalachianOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:07 pm

beer city snake wrote:tree has been "returned" - minus the pot which was first found broken in the parking lot...

Hope the tree was OK. Probably a good pot broken too bad. Sounds like they/he/she got spooked by security?
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:13 pm

Vance Wood wrote:
beer city snake wrote:tree has been "returned" - minus the pot which was first found broken in the parking lot...

Hope the tree was OK.  Probably a good pot broken too bad.  Sounds like they/he/she got spooked by security?

chris didnt elaborate but i just picture a kid being dragged by his mother back to the gardens with the tree...
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:22 pm

beer city snake wrote:
Vance Wood wrote:

Hope the tree was OK.  Probably a good pot broken too bad.  Sounds like they/he/she got spooked by security?

chris didnt elaborate but i just picture a kid being dragged by his mother back to the gardens with the tree...
 If that's the case it does not speak highly of the security system; must be run by the Clintons.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  juniper07 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:00 pm

Vance Wood wrote:
beer city snake wrote:
Vance Wood wrote:

If that's the case it does not speak highly of the security system; must be run by the Clintons.

Ooh... the debates are getting to you!
juniper07
juniper07

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Vance Wood wrote:
beer city snake wrote:
Vance Wood wrote:

c'mon vance... i figured you for more of a free thinker and not one to swallow what the media force feeds the lowest common denominators... Laughing
(no matter which side of the fence - or isle - you may be on)

but at any rate... we can save politics for another topic...

on another forum Wink
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Lighten up that was a joke. Sorry no body seems to think it was funny. I wonder why that was?
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Vance Wood wrote:Lighten up that was a joke.  Sorry no body seems to think it was funny.  I wonder why that was?

i am always lightened up... geek

regarding folks thinking its funny, you probably just cant hear them as they chuckle at their computer monitors...

either that...

or...

ITS A CONSPIRACY !!! Suspect

Razz
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Leppo Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Vance Wood wrote:Lighten up that was a joke.  Sorry no body seems to think it was funny.  I wonder why that was?

Wrong board, take it to the "nuts"

Dave Leppo

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Dave Leppo wrote:

Wrong board, take it to the "nuts"

Bite me, who are you to tell me what to say and where to say it.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:58 am

Glad the tree was "found" Time to move on.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down