Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with ID

3 posters

Go down

Help with ID Empty Help with ID

Post  ginadavey Wed May 25, 2016 7:34 am

I bought this as a cutting which stated it was a Squamata. I have since noticed some adult foliage which when I googled Squamata's it said there is no adult Foliage. I had one before and it didn't get adult foliage but it was stolen so perhaps it just hadn't got that far yet. Can anyone please advise me re which one I have?Help with ID Img_1813
Help with ID Img_1911

ginadavey

Back to top Go down

Help with ID Empty help with identification

Post  geoffm5eay Thu May 26, 2016 8:11 am

It is a Juniper, and you have both juvenile and adult foliage.

geoffm5eay

Back to top Go down

Help with ID Empty Re: Help with ID

Post  Anitasfarm Thu May 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Looks like Juniperus procumbens 'Nana' which is a common nursery-stock juniper, and also typical bonsai material. It will occasionally produce adult foliage like what you show, but is mostly juvenile foliage.

However, there are so many juniper species and varieties in the world, it's hard to be sure! But it's a safe guess, especially if you got the plant from a "big box" store or nursery chain, which tend to have a very limited selection of varieties.

Anitasfarm

Back to top Go down

Post  ginadavey Fri May 27, 2016 12:59 am

Thank you very much Anitasfarm. I didn't think it was what it stated on the label. Appreciate you taking time to reply.

ginadavey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum