Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redo my bench irrigation?

5 posters

Go down

Redo my bench irrigation? Empty Redo my bench irrigation?

Post  marc74 Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:01 pm

thinking maybe i should improve my irrigation to my bench that i set up last year.  basic ebay system that works reasonably well, some have better flow than others

here is my bench
Redo my bench irrigation? Bench10

picture A is how i have setup now, goes along and drops down to each shelf and then supplies

picture B i believe would probably be better just a little more fiddly installing and may need longer tubes to the trees

Redo my bench irrigation? Irriga14

am i ok to user right angled connections or should i try and keep smooth and more of a circle with nice bends etc

should i just run it around the wood frame at far back and then run feeders from there inside to the relevant trees?

supply from tap at bottom or top?

any tips? and could i add some outlets just after the tap for some other trees?  the end is supplying another tree off the bench, maybe i could add a couple there
I do feel style A does hide the tubes better though

Thanks all for any input

marc74

Back to top Go down

Redo my bench irrigation? Empty Re: Redo my bench irrigation?

Post  immAGinoso Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:36 am

There is an ebay bonsai bench system available??
Do you mind sharing the product info?

Also, if you could post more pictures of your bench deconstructed to see how the irrigation works in 3D.

Thank you.

immAGinoso

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:46 pm

hey marc... i'm gonna scoot this over to the bonsai questions section... maybe it will get more traction.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Stan Kengai Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:52 am

Drip emitter systems are so elevation/head dependent that any attempt to equalize the system will have a beneficial result. In your system "a" the lower shelf would get significantly more water than the upper shelf. The parallel system "b" would help alleviate that problem, but nothing can completely solve it. The top shelf is always going to get less water in a drip emitter system. This can be beneficial if you put trees that like drier soil on the top shelf, e.g. pines.

Stan Kengai

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Schordje Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:29 pm

One alternative would be to have all emitter tubes come from the feed line on the top shelf. You can probably hide them on the back side of the shelf.
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down