Chaemaecyparis lawsoniana

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chaemaecyparis lawsoniana

Post  JimLewis on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:36 pm

I can't do the real little ones any more, but here is a six inch C. lawsoniana, I've had for a few years. The pot was made locally by a very nice (I'm told) young woman. I found the stone in Alaska.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Chaemaecyparis lawsoniana

Post  MrFancyPlants on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:33 am

Great tree; what is it's rate of growth I'd be tempted to remove the first branch and to plant it more upright, but I probably wouldn't have the guts to.

MrFancyPlants

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks. It's a dwarf, so doesn't grow much.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

correction

Post  napolik10 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:08 pm

I do not think a Chamaecyparis lawsoniana but a Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Chirimen.

napolik10

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:15 pm

napolik10 wrote:I do not think a Chamaecyparis lawsoniana but a Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Chirimen.

That could well be. It was given to me as 'lawsoniana.'

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum