Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon collected Sitka spruce [Picea sitchensis]

+3
abcd
Bruce Winter
LanceMac10
7 posters

Go down

Oregon collected Sitka spruce [Picea sitchensis] - Page 2 Empty Re: Oregon collected Sitka spruce [Picea sitchensis]

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:06 pm

@ Kevin: ahhh maaan brudder!

now that you have your tree styled to YOUR liking, what pot to you see in it's repotting?

I'm a novice at pot selecting. Is that something you can help me with Mr. Benbow? I'd appreciate it.
I think this one may be destined for a thin rock slab which I may never find. In the meantime I was thinking a shallow oval in yellowish clay.

Back to top Go down

Oregon collected Sitka spruce [Picea sitchensis] - Page 2 Empty Re: Oregon collected Sitka spruce [Picea sitchensis]

Post  dick benbow Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:34 pm

good fpr you on the rock slab suggestion.! Your right on....and yes it sometimes takes awhile to find a good one. In the interim,

will you be attending the artesan's cup this september at the portland art museum. Lots of great trees and vendors....

Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks Dick! I do posses one slab:

Oregon collected Sitka spruce [Picea sitchensis] - Page 2 Slab
Oregon collected Sitka spruce [Picea sitchensis] - Page 2 Slab2

but find it too narrow for this, a deceptive large tree. I think this rock, with it's lip suggesting the beginnings of a waterfall, would be ideal for a two mound forest planting. I haven't figured out which species to use though.

I will be attending the Artisan's Cup! It should prove very interesting and I hope the first of many. I'll be the tall guy in the vendors court Saturday morning with the overheated checkbook. Say hi if you've the time!

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Bruce Winter wrote:Wonderful old sailboat mast material!
Acoustic guitars are made from this wood also.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down