Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accidentally split the trunk! Help!

+4
arihato
Precarious
Vance Wood
liam.longbottom
8 posters

Go down

Accidentally split the trunk! Help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Accidentally split the trunk! Help!

Post  M. Frary Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:39 am

Broken my share of branches.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Accidentally split the trunk! Help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Accidentally split the trunk! Help!

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:38 pm

i fully expect to break one later today when i go for a radical bend or 2 on a willow leaf ficus...
but of course i hope i dont... Wink
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:35 am

Well that way at least you won't be surprised if you break one Kevin. And now you will know what to do if one does break.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:40 am

M. Frary wrote: Well that way at least you won't be surprised if you break one Kevin. And now you will know what to do if one does break.
Better yet: If you expect one to break, take proper care & prepare the branches so that they do not, cannot, break..
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:57 pm

oooooh... "cannot" ???

big words tough guy !!! Wink Razz

i suppose my developing skill sets will one day allow me to boldly say (in a rumbling basso profundo),
"THIS BRANCH WILL NOT BREAK !!!"

as opposed to (in a begging pleading breath-holding whisper)
pleasepleasepleaseohmanherewegopleasedonot...break.

but i pulled it off w/o incident... will post pics in different thread.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:46 pm

beer city snake wrote:oooooh... "cannot" ???
big words tough guy !!! Wink Razz

Lol. Maybe I meant more something along the lines of: You know where the risks are, so you do not take risk, and you wrap things up, And you take extra care when bending. (That being said.. My last "snap" moment was about 2 months ago, with a crucial branch in the upper canopy. So.. slowly back the branch went. Tape came out, and the tree was left alone.. Rolling Eyes
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down