Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai toolbox, custom ammo box, colours?

4 posters

Go down

Bonsai toolbox, custom ammo box, colours? Empty Bonsai toolbox, custom ammo box, colours?

Post  marc74 Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:58 am

Here's a very random request

thinking of buying one of these ammo boxes and converting it into more a type of toolbox. to open like a book and have a pole attached inside with wire lengths on and some clips to hold tool etc

But Im not a fan of its colours etc.

any suggestions?

a complete paint of one colour or maybe 2 with different colour for the buckles and corners etc ?
Paint and then re stencil some words on etc? Bonsai and some numbers etc

open to all your design ideas

a green distressed look will work easier as the corners are already green but i would prefer another colour but that could mean fiddly work sanding/painting all the metal components which could be too much hard work.

i just know we have some very interesting people on these forums with more knowledge than me

thanks

Bonsai toolbox, custom ammo box, colours? Image

Bonsai toolbox, custom ammo box, colours? 57_1

marc74

Back to top Go down

Bonsai toolbox, custom ammo box, colours? Empty Re: Bonsai toolbox, custom ammo box, colours?

Post  marc74 Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Thinking I'd prefer a light matt blue colour maybe with distressed white come through

I'd have to spray all white before spray all blue and then add distressed look

Any tips? Open to further suggestions

marc74

Back to top Go down

Bonsai toolbox, custom ammo box, colours? Empty Re: Bonsai toolbox, custom ammo box, colours?

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:31 pm

leave them as is !

the irony would be great !!!

what was once used to hold items used to destroy and kill the living Evil or Very Mad
is now re-purposed to hold items used to create and improve upon the living flower
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  marc74 Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:35 pm

great irony but would look better done up a bit

to make life easier i think i may have to use the same green with a brown undercoat to then slight sand down to give the distressed look

then re-add some stencil letters on sides and a kanji Bonsai symbol on the front and a white interior

marc74

Back to top Go down

Post  john jones Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:32 pm

I've never seen these before, so I can't even guess at the dimensions.

Maybe leave one out in the weather for a year and see how it looks after that.

john jones

Back to top Go down

Post  marc74 Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:20 pm

General consensus is to leave it as is. .. but maybe slight weather look

marc74

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick36 Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:09 pm

As with human beings - it's not what the outside looks like, it's what's on the inside that counts! Cheers. Rick.

Rick36

Back to top Go down

Post  marc74 Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Correct, my mind is on that now

Best way to attach tools to the inside?

and add a pole for wire. It's not very deep so will need to add small coils of wire etc. Recoil what I have etc

marc74

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down