Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Ray Ward

2 posters

Go down

RIP Ray Ward Empty RIP Ray Ward

Post  Morten Albek Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:34 pm

RIP Ray Ward L1016404

It was with  great sadness I was informed about the very sudden death of Ray Ward, Vice Chairman of FOBBS. Ray and I have just been together on a great trip to China, that I know Ray enjoyed very much. A beginning friendship ended way too soon. Ray was a very gentle, kind man with a good sense of humour. His companionship on the China tour was great, and he will be missed by many I am certain. He died very suddenly and unexpectedly on Wednesday morning after being a fit and healthy Judge at Capel manor Show on Sunday I was informed. As Malcolm & Kath Hughes writes: “He will be very greatly missed by all the FoBBS committee and I am equally sure by Sussex Bonsai Group of whom he was a very long time member and the newer Crawley Bonsai Society of whom he was a founder member. The work done for Bonsai by Ray enormous and the enthusiasm with which he threw himself into all he did will be remembered by all who knew him or with whom he came in contact. A man recently recognised on the FOBBS Roll of Honour; he will be remembered for his work and enthusiasm.” RIP Ray Ward.

RIP Ray Ward L1015763
Morten Albek
Morten Albek

Back to top Go down

RIP Ray Ward Empty Re: RIP Ray Ward

Post  Precarious Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:26 am

Looks like a guy who would be easy and fun to visit with. May his memory cheer and warm thos left behind.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum