Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going on on this branch?

3 posters

Go down

What is going on on this branch? Empty What is going on on this branch?

Post  Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:59 pm

I thought I had ben careless with my pine...but now is it happening again...on the upper branches is bites missing, does anyone of you know what is eating my tree?..it is only this tree

url=https://servimg.com/view/15676504/1396]What is going on on this branch? Img_6113[/url]

Kind regards Yvonne....Thanks Fiona for your upload of photo help  Smile

Back to top Go down

What is going on on this branch? Empty Re: What is going on on this branch?

Post  Stan Kengai Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Are you sure those a're "bites"? I don't know of anything that would willingly bite a pine, especially more than once. They look like cankers, which are a sign of infection of many different kinds. I would isolate this plant until you can positively rule out infection.

Stan Kengai

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi Stan

It was my thought too...it is only one branch that has the problem..it is the topbranch on this tree
What is going on on this branch? Img_3210
I would be unhappy to cut it away now....hope for more responces before I take action

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  0soyoung Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:49 pm

I agree that it looks pathogenic. I am interested in knowing what it proves to be.

Pathogens are easier to identify if one knows the common ones for where region where the tree is now or was before your ownership. Any chance that it is mistletoe?

Last edited by 0soyoung on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
0soyoung
0soyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:37 pm

I have been through a older book, I forgot we had...my husband reminded me of it..
It appears to be hagldamage...no wonder if it is so...the branch is VERY juicy and crisp, the needles strong and big... tomorrow I take a second look at it all, but for now am I thinking it is hagl....the sice, looking like a tiny bite, no strange sapflow, inc. the weather we just had.

Kind regards Yvonne  Smile I will be back if I dont think it is hagl after all, and something else show up

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Leppo Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:38 am

hagl = hail in english

Dave Leppo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:39 am

yea...you are right  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum