Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That escalated quickly

+9
M. Frary
Geoline
AlainK
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Vance Wood
Andrew Legg
fiona
JimLewis
Cockroach
13 posters

Go down

That escalated quickly Empty That escalated quickly

Post  Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:21 am

I find my time on forums, this & others (more active) to be becoming bogged down in tripe & narkyness before anything has even really been said or done...

For the 'big names' who think their knowledge is so valuable that people want to steal it & profiteer  Bagpiper  lol!  flower  elephant  jocolor  geek  Sleep 

Thanks for another reminder why I try not to read too many threads, now if only I could work out which ones were going to turn nasty before I open them...

Back to top Go down

That escalated quickly Empty Just My 2 Cents

Post  Cockroach Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:07 am

I do agree in a sense.
It is the reason I almost exclusively follow threads with pictures. If the picture interests me I read the corresponding/relevant information surrounding it.

On the other hand, I do feel that the forums are an outlet for people to chat/vent/express/argue call it what you will. Especially with a hobby like bonsai where in a large circle of friends/acquaintances you would be lucky to have another person to discuss these topics at length with. The forums were designed to get people of like interests to share what they know/feel about a hobby. And that is exactly what they do on them. Some of the things we like, some we don't.

I like to look at forums like a Saturday BBQ at Uncle Mac's house. The family is there. Some of them you don't care too much for so ignore them unless they directly engage you in a conversation. Others are fun to chat with for a few minutes then get tedious. Then there are the drinkers who are great for a while then it all becomes too much and you duck. But for most of us, we hang with the members we relate to the most, have the most in common with, share the most values and ideals with.

That is how I see the threads and how I follow them.

just my 2c.

Last edited by Cockroach on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Cockroach
Cockroach

Back to top Go down

That escalated quickly Empty Re: That escalated quickly

Post  JimLewis Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Well, Matt, do you know anything about either of those guys? I know, OZ is a big place, but . . .
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks, Cockroach, for a well-reasoned response.

Can I suggest we just get back to some bonsai now?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Legg Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:22 pm

If - Rudyard Kipling

An amazing piece of writing with true depth of wisdom. I wish I could claim to live up to it all of the time.

Viva bonsai viva!

Andrew Legg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:58 pm

JimLewis wrote:Well, Matt, do you know anything about either of those guys?  I know, OZ is a big place, but . . .

Which guys Jim? Oz is indeed a big place and worse than this, unless of course you like the 'nice bonsai' game...

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:05 am

JimLewis wrote:Well, Matt, do you know anything about either of those guys?  I know, OZ is a big place, but . . .

Thank You Jim.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:38 am

MattA wrote:

Which guys Jim? Oz is indeed a big place and worse than this, unless of course you like the 'nice bonsai' game...

PUNK ROCK BONSAI !!!  Twisted Evil  jocolor  Twisted Evil 

sorrrrrrry
AGAIN, couldnt resist...  geek 

hey !!!
wheres that british guy with the spiked mohawk when ya need him, eh ?
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:58 am

Cockroach wrote:
(...) I almost exclusively follow threads with pictures. If the picture interests me I read the corresponding/relevant information surrounding it.
(..)

Ditto.

I let myself took part, or even started, inflames about other people's trees. Now I'm trying my best to stay out of that time-consuming, useless kind of discussion.

I'm trying to...
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:32 pm

MattA wrote:I find my time on forums, this & others (more active) to be becoming bogged down in tripe & narkyness before anything has even really been said or done...

Matt: I really have tried not to respond to your post but it kept eating at me. If the above is true why did you respond to tripe and narkyness with----tripe and narkyness. Why did you respond at all.

For the 'big names' who think their knowledge is so valuable that people want to steal it & profiteer  Bagpiper  lol!  flower  elephant  jocolor  geek  Sleep 

Spoken like a man that may have never had an original thought in his life. There is a thing called intellectual property. I don't consider my self a big name; not even a little name but my contributions to bonsai mean something to me.

Thanks for another reminder why I try not to read too many threads, now if only I could work out which ones were going to turn nasty before I open them...

So far you are the only one that has been nasty.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Thankyou Vance

Back to top Go down

That escalated quickly Empty Old Timers

Post  Geoline Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:32 pm

MattA wrote:I find my time on forums, this & others (more active) to be becoming bogged down in tripe & narkyness before anything has even really been said or done...

No clue who the big names are these days. Bonsai is a niche hobby world wide. It's like MMORPG game fame. The fame is limited to the small niche of geeks who play the game religiously.

I am one of the IBC old timers when the IBC was just an email subscription founded by dudes who grew these little trees for fun. We had our fair share of freaks back then to. Don't let us older geeks get you down with our expansive knowledge and egos. We old timers were all noobs at one time. Some of us old timers are working on our second childhood and may require patience or tasty cupcakes and origami to come back down to earth.

Just buzz by the tedious stuff.

Best regards and hugs,
Geoline
Geoline
Geoline

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:04 pm

Geoline wrote: I am one of the IBC old timers when the IBC was just an email subscription founded by dudes who grew these little trees for fun. We had our fair share of freaks back then to. Don't let us older geeks get you down with our expansive knowledge and egos. We old timers were all noobs at one time. Some of us old timers are working on our second childhood and may require patience or tasty cupcakes and origami to come back down to earth.
Geoline

thanks for the moment of clarity Geoline !  Very Happy 

kevin
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:46 am

Mmmmmm.. tasty cupcakes.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruce Winter Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:20 am

AlainK wrote:
Cockroach wrote:
(...) I almost exclusively follow threads with pictures. If the picture interests me I read the corresponding/relevant information surrounding it.
(..)

Ditto.

I let myself took part, or even started, inflames about other people's trees. Now I'm trying my best to stay out of that time-consuming, useless kind of discussion.

d'accord!

d'accord!

I'm trying to...

Bruce Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:42 am

Geoline wrote: may require patience or tasty cupcakes and origami to come back down to earth.

Best regards and hugs,
Geoline

I swopped Origami for Kokigami with cupcakes....much more fun..... Razz Razz Razz

Love and light..

Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:50 am

I used to be in an origami club but it folded.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick36 Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:51 am

That one creased me up!

Rick36

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:02 am

Oh no, it's all mixed up...That escalated quickly New410

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:30 am

fiona wrote:I used to be in an origami club but it folded.

hah haha hahah ahah hi hihihihihi hhhh h h

....o so nice to start off the morning with hystirical laughter......

What are you showing us Matt....paper mache?

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruce Winter Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:24 am

fiona wrote:I used to be in an origami club but it folded.

How can I get tea out of the keyboard? Very Happy 

Bruce Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  john jones Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:45 am

MattA wrote:Oh no, it's all mixed up...That escalated quickly New410

Fascinating! What's it made of?

john jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content