Satsuki 'Waka Ebisu'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Satsuki 'Waka Ebisu'

Post  JimLewis on Thu May 22, 2014 3:12 pm

This is my favorite stage in the blooming cycle of the Satsuki -- when the first few flowers show up. When they're covered with flowers, it always seems a bit overdone -- to me.

Anyway, this tree is always the first of my Satsuki to bloom.

There won't be a tree-full of flowers this year. Most of the buds froze during this gawdawful winter we had.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Satsuki 'Waka Ebisu'

Post  rolex dragon on Thu May 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Dear Jim,

that's a really nice piece.
I've always had an admiration towards
spring blossoms.
Seeing it on a bonsai is exhilarating.
Unfortunately, I live at the equator.
 Very Happy

rolex dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Schordje on Mon May 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Jim, I love seeing your azaleas every year. Really nicely done. Your posts inspired me to try them again. Mine are a few weeks behind yours in bud development, I that much farther north. Waka Ibisu has proven to be more resilient to my mistakes than other Satsuki I have tried. Good cultivar to use for bonsai. Very nice.

rolex dragon wrote:Dear Jim,
that's a really nice piece. I've always had an admiration towards
spring blossoms. Seeing it on a bonsai is exhilarating. Unfortunately, I live at the equator.  Very Happy

But Rolex Dragon, you have so many more flowering species to choose from than we have up in our frozen north. I would love to be able to grow Ixora year round outdoors, but we're too cold.  Very Happy 

Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri on Tue May 27, 2014 2:15 am

Beauty, beauty Jim. Wish I have one like that.....I bought one last year and is death after winter. Weather is too harsh here and I lost already enough trees so far.

yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Thu May 29, 2014 9:08 pm

For those who like a few more flowers:

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum