Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crape myrtle bonsai leafing trouble

3 posters

Go down

Crape myrtle bonsai leafing trouble Empty Crape myrtle bonsai leafing trouble

Post  Steppanyaki Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:59 pm

I just got the first ever bonsai of my life. It's a crape myrtle that arrived without blooms. I had been following the instructions it came with, which said to water it every day and never let the soil dry. It's been about three weeks and most of my base leaves have all yellowed and wilted leaving the branches bare and twiggy. After florists told me I'm overwatering it, I've since cut back on watering. It seems to be getting healthier, with new leaf shoots coming out at the tips of the branches. My question is will new leaves still sprout from the now bare twigs towards the base and tree trunk?

Thanks!

Steppanyaki

Back to top Go down

Crape myrtle bonsai leafing trouble Empty Re: Crape myrtle bonsai leafing trouble

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Crape Myrtle thrives on being trimmed back, a photo will help.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Crape myrtle bonsai leafing trouble Empty Re: Crape myrtle bonsai leafing trouble

Post  JimLewis Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:13 pm

And agtain, from your other post, you seem to be keeping it indoors. IT WILL NOT SURVIVE INDOORS.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down