Pot - where to find?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pot - where to find?

Post  JimLewis on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:14 pm

These pots usually came in sets of three -- small (6 inches) medium (8-9 inches) and large 10-11 inches) or thereabouts.  I have a small and a medium.  I'd like to find a large one. 

I recall that my parents bought on of the two I have in Hong Kong in 1953.  I stumbled on the other one in some shop many years later.

Can anyone advise where I might find one of the larger ones?  They are glazed porcelain.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Pot - where to find?

Post  Russell Coker on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:52 pm

You probably don't want to hear this but the first thing I'd do is enter "bonsai pot" into the search bar of ebay and start looking there.

R

Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  KennedyMarx on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:13 am

I saw some similar pots on SchleysBonsai.com

KennedyMarx

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:55 am

In Any instance Jim, when you have something like this come up, the best thing to do is email me. LOL.
Seriously. I saw this post today, 3 hours ago. I found the pot after 6 minutes. Ships from Japn, so shipping will be pricey, relatively speaking.
Ryan
Http://JapaneseBonsaiPots.net/

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  MrFancyPlants on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm sure you could find some near app state in NC. Or take a trip to Denver.

Seriously though, check out etsy and search for bonsai pot. I found a couple real nice ones there for a reasonable price.

MrFancyPlants

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:24 pm

So where did you find the pot? I have spent a lot of time searching (including (ugh) e-bay) the web for it, and have not seen. There were a few somewhat similar ones in your recent blog post, but not this design.

The two I have are unsigned, and I suspect were mass produced at one time or another. One was purchased in HK more than 50 years ago, so I suspect they're of Chinese origin.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Jim, I agree with you about the origin. I found them for sale in Japan.
In general, I can find just about anything, given some time. This hunt was easier than most.
You want it? Send me an email.
Gastronome@aol.com
Ryan

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Here it's is Jim.
http://japanesepots.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/20130702-101443.jpg
And
http://japanesepots.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/20130702-101449.jpg
Ryan

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Yup. That's it. How large is that one?

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:38 pm

Not sure Jim. The seller has 3 sizes listed. A small, a medium, and a large.
Ryan

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum