Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location, what is the problem?

+3
JimLewis
Khaimraj Seepersad
Andre Beaurain
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Location, what is the problem? - Page 2 Empty Re: Location, what is the problem?

Post  adam1234 Wed May 15, 2013 8:52 pm

I was just thinking of how difficult it would be for the non-english speaker and with translation software not being perfect. For example, if translation just gets the phrase "dumber than a box of rocks" wrong can you imagine how offended a Suiseki lover might feel. Very Happy Perhaps registration, notices and important info made available in major languages and I'm sure we would have many English-other language speakers lining up to volunteer. A thread each time to request translation would be an idea. Just an idea to ease the stressfull moderator job.

adam1234

Back to top Go down

Location, what is the problem? - Page 2 Empty Re: Location, what is the problem?

Post  fiona Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Adam. I think we looked at that in the past and decided it is more complicated than it is worth. The Welcome message is pretty simply worded and a google translate should be fine for most people.

Anyway, that's enough moaning - anyone feel like starting a new Have you still got your first bonsai? thread. I wouldn't be able to contribute as I sold most of my early stuff on. Might go and see if what some of their owners have done to them though.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 16, 2013 12:11 am

Khaimraj,
I guess its probably come full circle as evident in the fact I now have one of this species smaller than I intended the one pictured & an even smaller one in the formative stages Rolling Eyes
PS I am heurist, so....

Andre,
lol! I can remember running around in my sisters white Abba jumpsuit with the laundry basket lid on my head singing 'Downtown' about that age so your not alone Dance

Took over the vege & herb gardens at 7, 9 when I dug my first little tree, 12 when I found out the name for what I was already doing & became obsessed.. No other 'fad' (as mother called it) has stayed with me as long or strong, discovering clay & making pots in recent years comes close and might even surpass it...

Jim,
It works, I have made several friends with such randomness & whats wrong with Fiona, she is a pussycat jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 16, 2013 3:02 am

Russell Coker wrote:

Maybe there should be some kind of quick test in the registration process. If you can't score higher than "dumber than a box of rocks" you can't join.

Russell, Russell! You are one damn rude guy,,,,but you are correct! I am with you on this. hehehe!!!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 am

Time to move on from this one and I see that good chaps have resurrected Dorothy's thread in Discussion.

Have at it.

PS there are WAY too many personal secrets being divulged here. Interesting usage of laundry baskets though. Mad
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2