Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamarind test

3 posters

Go down

Tamarind test Empty Tamarind test

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Read about someone doing this and monkey see, monkey try.
Later.
Khaimraj

Tamarind test A_tama10

Here is another that is just about to cross the 10 years and may go to the flaking bark stage. It is however one of three " sweet tamarinds", I have from a box of fruit some years ago from I believe, Thailand.
Funnily, the seed we get today, no longer germinates ? [ radiated to protect a market ?]

Tamarind test C_tama10

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Tamarind test Empty Re: Tamarind test

Post  fiona Fri May 10, 2013 9:29 pm

moved to Lounge
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  bumblebee Sun May 12, 2013 2:22 pm

What is the test?

Libby

bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun May 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Libby,

that peculiar black pot has air holes that are supposed to stop a tree from growing it's extending roots,[ as it does in a circular pot ] round and round in circles only on the exterior of the pot.

As the root extends, it meets the air [ the little horns ] and it dies at the tip. Then the root restarts a new root closer to the core of the tree, and this happens over an over.
By keeping the roots growing through the soil, a more efficient root system develops and better growth.

I am sure one of the soil expert members can improve on my simple explanation, and hopefully they will step up.

The tamarind might produce more buds, more branchlets and ultimately smaller leaves, without having to be encouraged to do so through defoliation, and heavier fertilisation ??
Thanks for the interest.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down