Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carpinus "Killer nebari", winter session

5 posters

Go down

Carpinus "Killer nebari", winter session Empty Carpinus "Killer nebari", winter session

Post  Sebastijan Sandev Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:14 am

Sebastijan Sandev
Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Carpinus "Killer nebari", winter session Empty Re: Carpinus "Killer nebari", winter session

Post  Dark Cloud Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:40 am

Excellent bonsai tree from all the angles,i think you have choose the right name for this tree,killer nebari indeed...

And a very clever way to iintroduce your tree also with this video,well done my friend...

I love this tree....

Dark Cloud

Back to top Go down

Carpinus "Killer nebari", winter session Empty Re: Carpinus "Killer nebari", winter session

Post  Berner Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:46 am

Great stuff Sebastijan!!!

I like your transformation that respect the tress origin and you have successfully kept the natural appearance of a wild and old Carpinus. And I fully agree…the nebari is an evil vicious killer pirat My only objection would be around the too many apexes – I would recommend sticking to one apex. I believe this was also the comment you made on your video (couldn’t hear this on the video)
Berner
Berner

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrija Zokic Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 am

I think that apex is great! ... and nebari is not so bad Smile
Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Andrija Zokic wrote:I think that apex is great! ... and nebari is not so bad :)

But perhaps a little too large for the tree?
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:43 pm

JimLewis wrote:
Andrija Zokic wrote:I think that apex is great! ... and nebari is not so bad Smile

But perhaps a little too large for the tree?

Well, the tree will certainly grow in volume with branches and crown altogether, so I think that won't be a problem in a few years time. Remember, this is only third year from freshly collected yamadori to this stage... the tree is very early in development
Very Happy
Sebastijan Sandev
Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:Excellent bonsai tree from all the angles,i think you have choose the right name for this tree,killer nebari indeed...

And a very clever way to iintroduce your tree also with this video,well done my friend...

I love this tree....

Thank you my friend Very Happy
Sebastijan Sandev
Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Berner wrote:Great stuff Sebastijan!!!

I like your transformation that respect the tress origin and you have successfully kept the natural appearance of a wild and old Carpinus. And I fully agree…the nebari is an evil vicious killer pirat My only objection would be around the too many apexes – I would recommend sticking to one apex. I believe this was also the comment you made on your video (couldn’t hear this on the video)

Berner,
At this time, it was very difficult to solve this apical part in any other way. That doesn't mean that I would like it to be different, just means that I would also like that one stronger branch prominates more from this canopy making it less flat. But...BUT, is only flat at this moment. Apical crown will develop and it will be very fast in that process. I will surely lead it to more round shape and I will also choose the most suitable branch to make a bit more apex-like prominent part of the tip of the tree. Don't get me wrong, the tree won't have "a tip", but this central part of the apex of the tree won't be so flat and it will be more oval and higher.
(OH dear, I really hope that you will understand my English, but I'm not so sure Sad ...sorry 'bout that, I'm trying) Very Happy
Sebastijan Sandev
Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Two early photos of killer nebari...just after collecting 2010.
For today's look see here: http://sandevbonsai.blogspot.com/2013/01/video-carpinus-orientalis-killer-nebari.html

Carpinus "Killer nebari", winter session Img_2911

Carpinus "Killer nebari", winter session Img_2912
Sebastijan Sandev
Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down