Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would a greenhouse be a good idea in Florida?

3 posters

Go down

Would a greenhouse be a good idea in Florida? Empty Would a greenhouse be a good idea in Florida?

Post  PeacefulAres Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:32 am

I've seen some inexpensive, pop up type greenhouses, that I think would work well for my needs. My question is, with temps frequently over 90 degrees, would it even be beneficial for bonsai? I'll mostly be working with native trees, for now. What do you think?
PeacefulAres
PeacefulAres

Back to top Go down

Would a greenhouse be a good idea in Florida? Empty Re: Would a greenhouse be a good idea in Florida?

Post  Ryan Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 am

PeacefulAres wrote:I've seen some inexpensive, pop up type greenhouses, that I think would work well for my needs. My question is, with temps frequently over 90 degrees, would it even be beneficial for bonsai? I'll mostly be working with native trees, for now. What do you think?

I'm not sure why you'd need one in Florida. As far as I know, greenhouses up here are used mostly for increasing heat and humidity around plants. Doesn't Florida already have that?

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Would a greenhouse be a good idea in Florida? Empty Re: Would a greenhouse be a good idea in Florida?

Post  yamasuri Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:15 pm

.....and you mention wanna work with native trees: You don't need any protection they will like it climate as it is. All year around
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down