Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions?

2 posters

Go down

Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions? Empty Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions?

Post  q3m1x Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:20 pm

Hello all,

I recently acquired this double trunk Juniper and I'm undecided about separating them into individual trees.
I applied wire, began a shortening exercise on the right side, started to move pads around and thought it
would be wise to reach out to this group for different perspectives and suggestions before committing to a direction.

Any advice you all may have is welcomed and much appreciated.

Cheers.
Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions? Junipe15

q3m1x

Back to top Go down

Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions? Empty Re: Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions?

Post  JimLewis Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm sure there is a lot you can do with that tree. It would be a help, however, to see a few more pictures from the other 3 sides of the tree.

Offhand, however, on the left-hand trunk, I'd bring those upper branches down much closer to the tree. From THIS viewpoint, I think I'd like to see them both hugging the front of the trunk. It might look different from other angles.

On the other trunk, I wonder if that (branch?) (top?) that comes directly at us can be wrenched off to the right and down closer to that trunk. (That may be a bit much for doing it all at once.)
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions? Empty Thank's Jim

Post  q3m1x Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks for your suggestions Jim.
I think my predisposition for this as a potential front caused me to only post the one pic.
I will follow-up with pics of the other angles.

Cheers.

q3m1x

Back to top Go down

Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions? Empty 3 Alternate Views

Post  q3m1x Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Here are the alternate viewing angles...
Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions? Photo_10
Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions? Photo_11
Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions? Photo_12

q3m1x

Back to top Go down

Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions? Empty Re: Juniper Double Trunk Styling Suggestions?

Post  JimLewis Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Hmmm. I think I'd at least consider the last pic as the front.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  q3m1x Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Interesting. And you think keeping them together is the right move - or separating?

Thanks Jim

q3m1x

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:32 pm

I think they're far more interesting as a twin trunk.

There's quite a bit of carving in your future with this one, I think.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down