Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ?

+7
drgonzo
JimLewis
coh
dick benbow
Poink88
Billy M. Rhodes
efishn
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ? Empty "Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ?

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi All,

Dose anybody tried this "Root stimulator" product before ? any recommendation .... ?
here you can see one of those products.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOUSE-AND-GARDEN-ROOTS-EXCELURATOR-500ML-GREAT-RESULTS-/160790514083?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item256fdc89a3

thank u
Efi
efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

"Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ? Empty Re: "Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ?

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:24 pm

The magic ingredients in this product will destroy pythium, fusarium and any other root harbouring disease.

MAGIC give me a break, Harry Potter needs to look into this.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

"Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ? Empty Re: "Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ?

Post  Poink88 Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:25 pm

I use root hormone...Green Light (powder) and another (liquid) I cannot recall brand and cannot be 100% certain but I personally believe they work. I have 2" to 3" diameter yaupon holly cuttings that took that I believe would never have if not for the root stimulator. JMHO.

Cannot comment about the linked product.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:49 pm

I've used HB101 from japan and been happy with it.I know so many believe things like this is smoke and mirrors but to each his (or hers) own Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:56 pm

dick benbow wrote:I know so many believe things like this is smoke and mirrors but to each his (or hers) own Smile
YES! cheers Some shoot things down just because they cannot understand it when thousands of people swear by it. For me, the results always matter most. If it works for you, then keep doing/using it.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Despite its outrageous claims, I don't think even superthrive uses the term "magic". Think I'd avoid any such product just on general principles...
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Well, magic or not, I think you'd need to have a pretty special tree to fork out $51 plus $13 shipping fo it.

But, it is true that there's one born every minute.

Science DOES matter, Poink. Really. Believe it or not. And many of us do understand it.

And skepticism is healthy -- especially these tempestuous days.

JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:47 pm

coh wrote:Think I'd avoid any such product just on general principles...

and the principles are ......... ?
efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:50 pm

Um . . . common sense?
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm

JimLewis wrote:Science DOES matter, Poink. Really. Believe it or not. And many of us do understand it.
I know it matters BUT you seem to believe that YOU know and understand everything about trees already...while I don't think so. We barely scratched the surface as far as I am concerned just as mentioned in our NUMEROUS PMs you initiated.

BTW, I am an engineer myself and I love to understand how & why things work but sometimes you just have to accept that they do---whether they can be explained or not. JMHO.

Edit in: Just to clarify, I am not talking about the linked product at the OP.

Last edited by Poink88 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:56 pm

efishn wrote:
coh wrote:Think I'd avoid any such product just on general principles...

and the principles r ......... ?

Unless you believe in "magic" (which you are very welcome to do) The principle in play here would be that of an ontological leap of "faith" that magic is real. Thus magical ingredients will actually work. I think you'll find many of us on the forum will naturally be suspicious of products with labels that claim supernatural ingredients.

And Jims right, either way you look at it, that there is some expensive magic.
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:02 pm

and the principles r ......... ?

See above replies by Jay and Jim.

Now, the equation might change if bonsai growers that I know/respect have reported "success" (whatever that means) with such a product. Then I might be willing to give it a try, as I've done with superthrive (can't say I've seen any benefit). I'm a scientist by training, and am skeptical of these kinds of claims. However, I also realize that there are many, many things we don't fully understand...
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

"Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ? Empty OK.....

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 pm

OK guys, i see where the winds are blowing to ..... Smile

but, im sure any of you believe that 20-20-20 works, or any other fertilizer that you are using form time to time.

so why this kind of product could not be effective too ? its ingredients are the same (more or less).

if we want to find a real answer, we have to find somebody that already tried it.

i don't believe that we cant find this grower here........

Last edited by efishn on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:22 pm

JimLewis wrote:Well, magic or not, I think you'd need to have a pretty special tree to fork out $51 plus $13 shipping fo it.

But, it is true that there's one born every minute.

Science DOES matter, Poink. Really. Believe it or not. And many of us do understand it.

And skepticism is healthy -- especially these tempestuous days.

For the record, other that what I clarified in my earlier post...I agree with this 99% Wink
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:27 pm

efishn wrote:1212

Children's Crusades???

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:

Children's Crusades???

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Very Happy no ! just learning the forum
efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

"Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ? Empty EXELURATOR? good grief

Post  littleacorns Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Never mind magic or smoke & mirrors, I would never buy anything that includes a non-word like EXELURATOR Rolling Eyes - and in SHOUTY BLOCK CAPS as well.

Superthrive rules! And in any case, nature often doesn't need a boost anyway.
littleacorns
littleacorns

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 pm

efishn wrote:
Hans van Meer. wrote:

Children's Crusades???

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Very Happy no ! just learning the forum

Good luck efishn! Wink

More on this supject though: I once accidentally spilled a large amount of undiluted Super thrive all over the base of my wooden fence, it started to take root with in two weeks! True story that! You can take my word for it! I know of these things....honestly! Laughing

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:14 pm

[/quote]it started to take root with in two weeks! True story that! You can take my word for it! I know of these things....honestly! Laughing

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.[/quote]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

so i guess that its you! YOU ARE THE HARRY POTTER HERE.

nice to meet u
Efi

efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  Levi Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Wow... actually, that is in pounds... that's over a hundred bucks for this. I'd want to know both the science behind it as well as hear very favorable+reliable reviews before considering this one.

Price:
GBP 51.99
Approximately US $84.51

Shipping:
GBP 12.99 (approx. US $21.12)
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Levi wrote:Price:
GBP 51.99
Approximately US $84.51

Shipping:
GBP 12.99 (approx. US $21.12)

Hi Levi,
yes, its not cheap, and i found similar product much cheaper.
i have to say, if this product will rescue my juniper that i paid for good money, its absolutely worth it.

thx
efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:02 pm

efishn wrote:...if this product will rescue my juniper that i paid for good money, its absolutely worth it.
Without proven track record...I won't use such product on a nice tree. JMHO.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Poink88 wrote:
Without proven track record...I won't use such product on a nice tree. JMHO.[/quote]

in ordinary days you r right. but i'v got nothing to lose, my juni dying slowly, from July, its dry every day a little bit more.
i need something for it's roots, and i need it fast.

efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Have you ruled out other potential problems? Insect infestation for one, esp. borers.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Poink88 wrote:Have you ruled out other potential problems? Insect infestation for one, esp. borers.

yes i did, look here...

https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t11156-help-with-this
efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next