Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small penjing

+10
Sakaki
paper_boy
Todd Ellis
pongsatorn.k
my nellie
Pavel Slovák
fM
JudyB
Mitch Thomas
yamasuri
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Small penjing - Page 2 Empty Re: Small penjing

Post  paper_boy Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:36 am

jun wrote:
paper_boy wrote:Wow jun! Great job! After seeing this, i have to stop buying expensive materials and instead, work on my creative skills?

Btw jun, when i pm'd you, you told me to wait 'til summer to repot my pemphis? May i know the reason for that?

Thanks man. Keep it up

"Creative skills"! that is the holy grail of any art form...I am on a stiff struggle to acquire it too.

So, even the most expensive materials would be worthless unless you know where it is going.

regards,
jun Smile

So true!

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:41 am

Good morning Jun and everybody!
Jun thank you for your response. It is useful to know the reasoning behind a set up or approach or technique etc, this adds every time a bit more to my knowledge...
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 am

my nellie wrote:Good morning Jun and everybody!
Jun thank you for your response. It is useful to know the reasoning behind a set up or approach or technique etc, this adds every time a bit more to my knowledge...

You are welcome my dear friend! And always a pleasure.

regards,
jun Smile

Guys,
Since some folks are liking unique and different kind of penjing,,,Want to see something more cool than this one.? Wait for the "Pirate Island", Coming very soon. pirat ...Produced by "Jun studio".hehehe.

regards,
jun pirat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 am

Hi IBC,

The small brother of the penjing above...almost half the size...

with almost the same theme.

Small penjing - Page 2 Dsc_1327

for scale...
Small penjing - Page 2 Dsc_1328

A very good friend " bonsai master/expert" of mine Not Robert Steven hehehe, I met outside of the Philippines told me once- "A bonsai practitioner/artist who makes small scale of bonsai/penjing most of the time find it easy to make bigger trees/penjing. but the ones making much bigger trees/penjing most of the time find it difficult to make very small detailed ones"...what do you think of this idea of his?.

..for me it serves as a challenge as most of my trees/penjing are exceptionally huge.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cockroach Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 am

Interesting thought, however, I would think that a larger penjing would need more details as every space would have to be filled with the right amount of something be it plants or negative space. Once reduced, some of the elements visible on a large penjing would be able to be omitted as they would appear all but microscopic on a small penjing.

I do feel that a lot more care needs to be taken when doing a small penjing as selection of pants, placement and space are as vital as which details can be left out without taking away from the penjing. Perhaps this in itself helps in that being able to do a small penjing well, allows for a larger penjing to be done better.

Just my thoughts.
Cockroach
Cockroach

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:52 am

jun wrote:

A very good friend " bonsai master/expert" of mine Not Robert Steven hehehe, I met outside of the Philippines told me once- "A bonsai practitioner/artist who makes small scale of bonsai/penjing most of the time find it easy to make bigger trees/penjing. but the ones making much bigger trees/penjing most of the time find it difficult to make very small detailed ones"...what do you think of this idea of his?.

..for me it serves as a challenge as most of my trees/penjing are exceptionally huge.

regards,
jun Smile

Agree with her...I think so as well... Laughing Laughing
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:59 am

Robert Steven wrote:
jun wrote:

regards,
jun Smile

Agree with her...I think so as well... Laughing Laughing

Now a great bonsai master said it as well... I got to do better smaller stuffs now. study

...And I find it more difficult to keep smaller trees and penjing in its proper design.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2