Small penjing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Small penjing

Post  paper_boy on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:36 am

jun wrote:
paper_boy wrote:Wow jun! Great job! After seeing this, i have to stop buying expensive materials and instead, work on my creative skills?

Btw jun, when i pm'd you, you told me to wait 'til summer to repot my pemphis? May i know the reason for that?

Thanks man. Keep it up


"Creative skills"! that is the holy grail of any art form...I am on a stiff struggle to acquire it too.

So, even the most expensive materials would be worthless unless you know where it is going.

regards,
jun Smile

So true!

paper_boy
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Small penjing

Post  my nellie on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:41 am

Good morning Jun and everybody!
Jun thank you for your response. It is useful to know the reasoning behind a set up or approach or technique etc, this adds every time a bit more to my knowledge...

my nellie
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Small penjing

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 am

my nellie wrote:Good morning Jun and everybody!
Jun thank you for your response. It is useful to know the reasoning behind a set up or approach or technique etc, this adds every time a bit more to my knowledge...


You are welcome my dear friend! And always a pleasure.


regards,
jun Smile




Guys,
Since some folks are liking unique and different kind of penjing,,,Want to see something more cool than this one.? Wait for the "Pirate Island", Coming very soon. pirat ...Produced by "Jun studio".hehehe.

regards,
jun pirat Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Small penjing

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 am

Hi IBC,

The small brother of the penjing above...almost half the size...

with almost the same theme.
















for scale...



A very good friend " bonsai master/expert" of mine Not Robert Steven hehehe, I met outside of the Philippines told me once- "A bonsai practitioner/artist who makes small scale of bonsai/penjing most of the time find it easy to make bigger trees/penjing. but the ones making much bigger trees/penjing most of the time find it difficult to make very small detailed ones"...what do you think of this idea of his?.



..for me it serves as a challenge as most of my trees/penjing are exceptionally huge.


regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Small penjing

Post  Cockroach on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 am

Interesting thought, however, I would think that a larger penjing would need more details as every space would have to be filled with the right amount of something be it plants or negative space. Once reduced, some of the elements visible on a large penjing would be able to be omitted as they would appear all but microscopic on a small penjing.

I do feel that a lot more care needs to be taken when doing a small penjing as selection of pants, placement and space are as vital as which details can be left out without taking away from the penjing. Perhaps this in itself helps in that being able to do a small penjing well, allows for a larger penjing to be done better.

Just my thoughts.

Cockroach
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Small penjing

Post  Robert Steven on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:52 am

jun wrote:

A very good friend " bonsai master/expert" of mine Not Robert Steven hehehe, I met outside of the Philippines told me once- "A bonsai practitioner/artist who makes small scale of bonsai/penjing most of the time find it easy to make bigger trees/penjing. but the ones making much bigger trees/penjing most of the time find it difficult to make very small detailed ones"...what do you think of this idea of his?.



..for me it serves as a challenge as most of my trees/penjing are exceptionally huge.


regards,
jun Smile

Agree with her...I think so as well... Laughing Laughing

Robert Steven
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Small penjing

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:59 am

Robert Steven wrote:
jun wrote:

A very good friend " bonsai master/expert" of mine Not Robert Steven hehehe, I met outside of the Philippines told me once- "A bonsai practitioner/artist who makes small scale of bonsai/penjing most of the time find it easy to make bigger trees/penjing. but the ones making much bigger trees/penjing most of the time find it difficult to make very small detailed ones"...what do you think of this idea of his?.



..for me it serves as a challenge as most of my trees/penjing are exceptionally huge.


regards,
jun Smile



Agree with her...I think so as well... Laughing Laughing



Now a great bonsai master said it as well... I got to do better smaller stuffs now. study

...And I find it more difficult to keep smaller trees and penjing in its proper design.

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Small penjing

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:06 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum