Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BONSAI WALES 2012

+11
Jeremy
Peter E.
will baddeley
Rick36
Hans van Meer.
marcus watts
Andre Beaurain
bonsai monkey
Poink88
fiona
alex e
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BONSAI WALES 2012 Empty BONSAI WALES 2012

Post  alex e Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:57 pm

There were a few IBC members at this show myself included unfortunately I wished I had
taken my dinning room table with me because thats were I left my camera Crying or Very sad Embarassed
so! did anyone else take any photos??.{ btw Tony T sorry to hear about the theft Mad }
hope the person responsible when next visiting the toilet they pass a hedgehog [thats gotta hurt!! affraid]

Alex e Bagpiper
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  alex e Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:27 pm

MMMMMMMMMM! OBVIOUSLY NOT! Rolling Eyes !!

Bagpiper
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

BONSAI WALES 2012 Empty Re: BONSAI WALES 2012

Post  fiona Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:42 pm

I think people are scared to put anything on here these days, Alex, as it seems just about every darn thing starts a fight. Very Happy Mad
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:42 pm

But it would be nice to see some pics as I was unable to get to the show.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:46 pm

fiona wrote:...as it seems just about every darn thing starts a fight. Very Happy Mad
lol! Just some differing opinions Fiona...that leads to lively & spirited discussions. Wink Very Happy

fiona wrote:But it would be nice to see some pics as I was unable to get to the show.
I agree, we all want to see the pics...PLEASE!!!
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Poink88 wrote:
fiona wrote:...as it seems just about every darn thing starts a fight. Very Happy Mad
lol! Just some differing opinions Fiona...that leads to lively & spirited discussions. Wink Very Happy

I can't believe anyone fell for that. Or maybe it's a case of Quod Erat Demonstrandum
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Paul from Swindon did post a link to his photobucket album but I was surprised that there were so few photos as I, like Fiona, missed the event. I think Will has some demo stuff on his Blog,

Regards,
Simon

BTW
I did stop posting here for exactly what Fiona mentioned!
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:48 am

Did I miss a fight, love a good fight. pirat I also missed the show, and I missed the meaning of
Or maybe it's a case of Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Fiona?
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

i must admit there are about 120 really good pics online - but they are on facebook. I'll see if i can transfer some here..

Now then...............when did you lot become a bunch of spineless individuals who cant stand up for your own beliefs, An open forum is such great fun - you get to debate and question, to cross swords with devils advocates, and to stand up for your own beliefs- every decent thread adds a little experience and learning to the mixing pot. I'll buy a box of snickers and dish them out to any in need of a 'man up' boost.

When i've put poor work up and being told on here it was basically rubbish i went back to it, looked to see if i agreed and then worked harder and better. These days I dont rush half done work into a post as that deserves strong negative comments. -

BONSAI WALES 2012 00110
pray to the tree ............ Very Happy welsh set up Very Happy
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:11 am

yhe! Go Marcus Go. I fully agree. What happened to, grab your arms and run into battle. Everyone is so scared in saying something wrong, that even I am reluctant to respond these days. We turned into a bunch of sissys. And in that, we learn little, and play nicely. I guess that is what happens when men turn civilized. Laughing Laughing

Love and light
Andre

Last edited by Andre Beaurain on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:22 am

Andre Beaurain wrote: We turned into a bunch of sissys.
Andre

I am leaking milk while we speak! affraid Very Happy
cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick36 Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:29 am

Hans. Let it leak onto your trees - as in "Japanese White Pine Styling" - apparently??!! Cheers.

Rick36

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:43 am

Andre Beaurain wrote:Did I miss a fight, love a good fight. pirat I also missed the show, and I missed the meaning of
Or maybe it's a case of Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Fiona?

Quod Erat Demonstrandum is a phrase used after something has been proved to be the case and translates colloquially in English as something like "hence proved".

The ironic point is, that by refuting what I said about everything turning into fights, the people were actually proving my point. Very Happy Evil or Very Mad
The double irony is that my act of stirring it has prompted accusations of being spineless. Mad

So, for the record, I have no problem with differing opinions or lively and spirited discussions and, as Marcus rightly points out there are some truly great debates on this forum. I think we all accept that if you put something on here (or any forum) you open up a debate which maybe will not yield the "nice tree" pat on the back response you wanted.

But I am getting very weary of the way that very quickly some threads turn into just plain rudeness, antagonism or displays of plain ignorance. Those are the threads that are putting people off posting. The thin veneer that makes us "civilised" is perhaps necessary to do our best to ensure that the good debates are the ones that shine through and keep the ignorant ones out.

Otherwise it will get to the point on here that the only way to deal with the rudeness is to be even more rude in one's response and that is something I just wouldn't want.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Fiona. Someone has got to educate this (me) lot!

I am leaking milk while we speak!
cheers,
Hans van Meer.

HA ha ha ha
That was very funny

Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Andre Beaurain wrote:Thanks Fiona. Someone has got to educate this (me) lot!

I am leaking milk while we speak!
cheers,
Hans van Meer.

HA ha ha ha
That was very funny

And that is precisely what we lack right now - folk lightening up and being FUNNY. That's what I liked most about the forum as it used to be.

Let's start a world's worst joke thread over in The Lounge. It worked the last time we tried it.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:05 pm

I did have my camera with me for the weekend BUT the goddam battery was flat and I did not have the charger... The best photos I have seen were from Mark Cooper.

As for lack of posting and critical debate, sometimes snide and ill informed remarks simply wear me down, one comment recently seriously made me consider terminating my membership... I stay because there are some great folk here and they outweigh the fools. Wink

I miss Harleyriders wonderful retorts Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:26 pm

tony wrote: I stay because there are some great folk here and they outweigh the fools. Wink

No need to drag me into it Tony! You know I am a modest man! Wink And I lost a lot of weight, so the outweighing gets harder and harder! Very Happy
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:49 pm

fiona wrote:And that is precisely what we lack right now - folk lightening up and being FUNNY. That's what I liked most about the forum as it used to be.

Let's start a world's worst joke thread over in The Lounge. It worked the last time we tried it.
Good idea. As Nike would say "Just Do It!" Wink
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:
tony wrote: I stay because there are some great folk here and they outweigh the fools. Wink

No need to drag me into it Tony! You know I am a modest man! Wink And I lost a lot of weight, so the outweighing gets harder and harder! Very Happy
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Johannes I cannot weight to see you at Burrs this year buddy its been weigh to long Cool

Last edited by tony on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:03 pm

marcus watts wrote:Now then...............when did you lot become a bunch of spineless individuals who cant stand up for your own beliefs, An open forum is such great fun - you get to debate and question, to cross swords with devils advocates, and to stand up for your own beliefs- every decent thread adds a little experience and learning to the mixing pot. I'll buy a box of snickers and dish them out to any in need of a 'man up' boost.

When i've put poor work up and being told on here it was basically rubbish i went back to it, looked to see if i agreed and then worked harder and better. These days I dont rush half done work into a post as that deserves strong negative comments. -
cheers thumbs up
Marcus,

Half done trees offer lots of learning opportunities as well...it outweighs "strong negative comments" any day in my book. Wink
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  alex e Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:00 pm

CHEESE & RICE all I asked was did anyone take photos Rolling Eyes as lots seem to have found there way
onto another Forum incidently only about 3 from the Welsh contingent( mmm oh yeh! Bonsai Wales) ,BTW Marcus are you talking about the IBC!!!!this IBC?, my experience of growing a pair of which I have large ones Laughing invaraibley ended in snide remarks or threats of being banned from this forum, topics being removed or worse still no one with the good manners to reply least not for everyone to see No.I DIGRESS!!
Kevin Wilson,s king demo was outstanding ,there was someone else doing a demo on a big! Scots Pine who,s name escapes me for a minute Wink :and a heat of the new talent competition also took place.

Alex e Bagpiper
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:10 pm

I can post a link to my blog for the trees in the exhibition and the demo's if you like? Too many to post I'm afraid Rolling Eyes
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter E. Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Have to agree with Alex.
comm'on Chris and you Jerry. I do not believe you do not have any pics !!!.

Peter E.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:39 pm

alex e wrote:CHEESE & RICE all I asked was did anyone take photos Rolling Eyes

Alex e Bagpiper

OOOOOHW, it was you that started all this again!!! Asking for photos...the impudence! Shame on you!!!BONSAI WALES 2012 Grote_16
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Peter,
I only had my phone camera and for once only took pics of my own tree.
I understand the organisers are looking at producing a book if they get enough takers.

BONSAI WALES 2012 _mg_3510

Alex, why didn't you take your camera on the second day and get some pics? scratch
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next