Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trees stolen from WP

+16
David D
rock
milehigh_7
ortizdhs
Rick36
Chisky
Mitch Thomas
drgonzo
Jkd2572
Poink88
Treedwarfer
Billy M. Rhodes
Steven
JimLewis
fiona
Walter Pall
20 posters

Go down

trees stolen from WP Empty trees stolen from WP

Post  Walter Pall Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:41 am

During the night from Friday , August 24 to Saturday, August 25 two trees were stolen from my garden:

1) Trident maple, acer burgerianum, 55 cm high, pot by John Pitt
2) European spruce, Picea abies, 55 cm high, pot Chinese

The way these trees were stolen points to someone who knows exactly what he was taking. He put a tree aside which he did not like to get to reach the spruce. From the context I assume it is the same person that has stolen all the other trees recently. I take it that this person is someone who was here before to spot what he liked and that it is an insider. Probably this person is keeping these trees for himself. We know the man personally! We only have to find out who exactly he is. The case was reported to the police.

trees stolen from WP 2011-010

trees stolen from WP 2011-110

trees stolen from WP 2011-111

trees stolen from WP 2010-021

trees stolen from WP 2010-022

Last edited by Walter Pall on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Walter Pall
Walter Pall

Back to top Go down

trees stolen from WP Empty Re: trees stolen from WP

Post  fiona Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:57 am

Good luck with catching this guy. And I hope the trees are all okay and not damaged when he/she is caught.

fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Wow! How brazen can you get? !!
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Wow that is terrible, and sad, hope they catch him and those gorgeous trees find their way home
Steven
Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:11 pm

I am sorry for your loss. As you say it is probably someone you know and suspect there are people who know he has done this. Too bad the local newspaper or TV station will not run a story, I bet a neighbor knows he has them. It might even be worth the cost of a newspaper ad, with photos.
You could first try a press release from a bonsai organization about thefts with photos, I think something like this worked in the north eastern part of the US, was it Mass. or Conn.?
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Treedwarfer Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Condolences.

Treedwarfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Walter,

This is becoming a routine...if I were you, I will install a surveillance camera at the very least.

I hope the thief get caught soon!!! Evil or Very Mad
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkd2572 Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:38 pm

How could you hope not to get caught someday? These trees are very identifiable.

Jkd2572

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Very frustrating for you Walter...I hope the thief will be caught.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Jkd2572 wrote:How could you hope not to get caught someday? These trees are very identifiable.

I always think this when trees are stolen. These people can never show and realistically never sell them as anyone who would purchase a tree like that Trident would want to know it's provenance and would most likely be involved in the bonsai community enough that they probably are aware of what trees have been stolen....The only way it would work is if the buyer is just as shady as the seller but again, you could never show the tree...at all.

Useless shame.
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Sorry for loss Walter. I hope you catch the lowlife! It's a shame people will stoupe this low.
I think I'm gonna get a German Shepard or two!

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

trees stolen from WP Empty That is so sad

Post  Chisky Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Those are beautiful trees. I pray that you will get them back. Obviously you have spent a lot of time, effort and love on them. I hope the jerk doesn't sell them to someone like me who wants to start bonsai but doesn't really know anything. He would sell it for much less than it is worth. Perhaps to a relative so he can visit them sometime. Know anyone with grandkids?

Moved by moderator...

Chisky

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick36 Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:26 pm

That is terrible! Does anyone know if the police take these thefts seriously? I had a tree stolen whilst being used in a retail outlet for pots ( not remotely of this quality) and the police all but laughed and gave me a "recorded crime" number - last I heard of it, of course. So sorry, Walter.

Rick36

Back to top Go down

Post  ortizdhs Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Mr.Pall:

Hope that you regain your trees. An insider thief is a TRAITOR! Same happen here in PR to Master Pedro Morales. A Parrots beak was stolen.

Regards

Ortiz

Last edited by ortizdhs on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong last name)

ortizdhs

Back to top Go down

Post  milehigh_7 Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Walter,

So sorry to hear about this. Evil or Very Mad

milehigh_7

Back to top Go down

trees stolen from WP Empty So sorry WP

Post  rock Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:00 am

Poink88 wrote: .if I were you, I will install a surveillance camera at the very least.

and hire a detective,

and get a dog...

I hate those stinking theives
rock
rock

Back to top Go down

Post  David D Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:24 am

If I recall the Des Moines Botanical Center in Iowa had several trees stolen from it bonsai collection about 10 yrs ago. The paper reported that without special skills the thieves would have dead worthless plants within days or known bonsai enthusiasts would be likely suspects.....the trees showed up overnight. No mention of value was in the article if I recall. I certainly hope they find these guys and prosecute them.
David D
David D

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:22 am

That really sucks, Walter! I hope they are recovered and someone can be held accountable.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:18 am

This is terrible to hear somebody got stolen bonsais. Hope they will show up somwhere and theft will be punished.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Really sad to hear this Walter. I have to agree on getting some surveillance camera's. They are relatively inexpensive these days. Either way, I hope you catch these guys, very sleazy guys!
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  rockm Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:48 pm

It's unbelievable someone would walk off with these and think they're not going to get caught eventually.

If the person is in the bonsai community AND is fond of stealing high-end quality trees from one of the world's most identifiable bonsaists, I'd bet they're bound to be itching to show the trees off to someone. Ego will probably ultimately catch up to whatever form of lowlife took these, if not ego, then karma...or law enforcement.

rockm

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Just browsing WP's site and he posted another 2 stolen trees on 08/29!!! Shocked

http://walter-pall-bonsai.blogspot.com/ (post Monday, September 3, 2012)

"Two trees stolen Bonsaipark Remscheid

Bonsaipark Remscheid, Germany, night of August 29/30 or one night earlier. Acer pal. Yama momigi und Pinus pentaphylla, collected tree from Japan."

I hope WP doesn't mind and hope he post the pics here too.

Very bad trend going there...
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down