Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root

3 posters

Go down

Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root Empty Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root

Post  Martin Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:59 am

Here are the roots of the Willow leaf Ficus that I cut off from my re-potting this year. Instead of throwing them away, I grew them in a 55 gallon fish tank covered with clear plastic bags and water underneath to created the humidity in the air and extended their life. The last couple of years I didn't do this and they always dried out from the dry California weather. These picture were taken today after 6 weeks living in the fish tank. They are on the way to a new life. Maybe this will become a nice bonsai in 10 years, who knows. But at least their life is going on. Laughing

Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root Root_c10

Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root Root_c11

https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/17/36/72/71/root_c12.jpg" alt="" />

Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root Root_c13

Martin

Back to top Go down

Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root Empty Re: Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root

Post  Poink88 Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:05 am

Congrats!

I did the same on my Salicaria root trimmings as shown on a tutorial by Rob K...and I have 2 going strong. I just planted in a pot so it took longer but they both survived. Smile
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root Empty Re: Life is going on for my Willow Leafe Ficus's Root

Post  Jerry Meislik Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Nicely done.
Another way is to leave the root buried except for about an inch exposed above the soil. Prevents the drying out problem.
Jerry
Jerry Meislik
Jerry Meislik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down