Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai stolen

+2
Sam Ogranaja
AlainK
6 posters

Go down

Bonsai stolen Empty Bonsai stolen

Post  AlainK Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Once again, bonsai were stolen: I got the news through someone who lives in Germany.

I'm pretty sure these can be sold outside the country where they were stolen, so if anyone speaks another language, please pass the info in the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, etc.

Bonsai stolen Mini_Pinus-Udo

Species: Pinus parviflora
Owner: Udo Fischer
Date of theft: 13 July 2012
Height: 70 cm
Estimated value: 1998,- €
For any information helping to catch the thief there is a 200 € reward.

Bonsai stolen Mini_Zelkova-Walter

Species: Zelkova
Owner: Walter Pall
Date of theft: 24 July 2012

Bonsai stolen Mini_Acer-Harald

Species: Acer palmatum
Owner: Harald Lehner
Date of theft: 28-29 July 2012
Height: 50 cm
Width: 60 cm
Nebari : 32 cm
Estimated value: 2.980 €
For any information helping to catch the thief there is a 300 € reward.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Bonsai stolen Empty Re: Bonsai stolen

Post  Sam Ogranaja Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:39 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I sure hope they catch these dirtbags.

Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:10 pm

Wow, that's terrible. Someone has really nice taste in bonsai. Dirtbag is right, Sam.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Always terrible when this happens! And I hope that posting these stolen trees here helps to get them back to there owners! But posting how much they are worth will only work counter productive, because it could give lurkers of the bad kind the wrong idea!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:02 pm

I Agree Hans, why would the price be posted??
Were these stolen from a show?
I will keep my eye out in Wales
Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  0soyoung Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:But posting how much they are worth will only work counter productive, because it could give lurkers of the bad kind the wrong idea!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Maybe so. But it seems the thief knew well what they are worth, knew exactly where to get them, and was very selective about what they took. This wasn't the work of any 'lurker'.

0soyoung
0soyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:15 pm

0soyoung wrote:
Hans van Meer. wrote:But posting how much they are worth will only work counter productive, because it could give lurkers of the bad kind the wrong idea!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Maybe so. But it seems the thief knew well what they are worth, knew exactly where to get them, and was very selective about what they took. This wasn't the work of any 'lurker'.

Some lurkers are very knowledgeable! To think they are not, is a other mistake! Wink But seriously, Bonsai is a outdoor hobby and therefor is very pron to theft by knowledgeable or opportunistic thieves a like. The knowledgeable one, knows the prices or saleability of what he steals. The opportunistic one might have come across those prices, while browsing on the web and thinks about that, while he passes our gardens! I only posted my original post to warn people that in my opinion it is wrong "to bind the cat on to the bacon", like we say in Holland! Smile But all that those not help much for the guy's who's trees were stolen! It is sad wen our peaceful hobby is pulled into the bad world! I hope they get them back, thats all!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  0soyoung Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:22 am

Hans van Meer wrote:It is sad wen our peaceful hobby is pulled into the bad world! I hope they get them back, thats all!

On this, Hans, we are in total agreement.

Last edited by 0soyoung on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct tags)
0soyoung
0soyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down