Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks, Tony!

3 posters

Go down

Thanks, Tony! Empty Thanks, Tony!

Post  Harleyrider Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Just a brief note to thank Tony for his hospitality, yet again. I did the half hour ride over to his place in the rain (again!) this morning to pay my Burrs deposit, and spent the next three hours discussing, poking, prodding, carrying and hmm-ing and ahh-ing about bonsai.

I'd mentioned to him recently that I was looking for a yew project, and lo and behold, I came away from his house the proud father of an absolutely stunning little tree, purchased with yesterday's birthday money! We're looking at it being around a 7 year project, but hey, I'll still only be ffnn-blffn by then.
It was a tad large to slip into the saddlebag, so Tony is going to be looking after it for me, probably until Burrs. I did take some nice pics for you to drool over, but they need rotating and for some reason Camedia Master isn't playing ball. I'll get the missus to have a look for me later and post them tomorrow

Right, as you were.

*Thinks* Hmmm, it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow. I wonder if I could tell Sandra that the tree is my gift to her for the next 7 years...........?

EDIT: AHA! I've sorted the rotation issues. Here are the best pics of The New Yew. For those of you of a nervous disposition, or if any of you have a weak stomach, look away now. An image of me lurks within!

I think this is the front...
Thanks, Tony! Image001

Unless you're left handed, of course. In which case....
Thanks, Tony! Image002

Thanks, Tony! Image003

Thanks, Tony! Image004

And this is me and The New Yew. You have to understand it was quite early for me to be up and about on a Sunday. And I'd just ridden 20 miles through cold wind and rain. And I've not been well. pale
Thanks, Tony! Image005

So, whaddya think? Is that going to be one stunning little tree, or what? (Answers on a postcard, to arrive no later than tomorrow morning)

Edit 2: I could have cropped Tony's hands out of the pics, but it makes me chuckle to see them. It looks like something out of a Morecambe & Wise sketch! (For all you non-Brits, YouTube 'em.)

Last edited by Harleyrider on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added pics)
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Thanks, Tony! Empty Re: Thanks, Tony!

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:14 pm

They are indeed my hands... great to have you in the garden. Your yew will be a great tree... bonsai is NOT a destination its a Journey, and with this tree you have taken a short cut... and SEVEN YEARS... is a blink of an eye. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Harleyrider wrote:
So, whaddya think? Is that going to be one stunning little tree, or what?
Yep. Good choice. But then again, all of Tony's collected yews are rather special.

You could of course try telling Sandra it's her gift to you for the next seven years - probably, tactically speaking, a better plan if you want to live to see your tree completed. Wink

Harleyrider wrote:I could have cropped Tony's hands out of the pics ... It looks like something out of a Morecambe & Wise sketch!
I hope your tree does indeed bring you sunshine. and if it is getting you down try positive thinking.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Moquin Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:20 am

Tony wrote:bonsai is NOT a destination its a Journey, and with this tree you have taken a short cut... and SEVEN YEARS... is a blink of an eye. Shocked
... wonder who said that Laughing
Rick Moquin
Rick Moquin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:37 pm

@ Fionnghal. Hhmmm. I see where you're coming from............but I still think my idea sounds better!

(Can't wait for the next 2 years growing to pass so I can ask you "What d'you think of the show so far?" Very Happy )

As for the journey part of it, well, I've found myself some good travelling companions. And they seem to have a much better map than me!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down