Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fafard Soil Conditioner alternatives?

2 posters

Go down

Fafard Soil Conditioner alternatives? Empty Fafard Soil Conditioner alternatives?

Post  ericksond Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:10 pm

What other alternatives are there for the Fafard Soil Conditioner? I can't seem to find one in any of the nurseries around.

Also the lava rock that I see from the nurseries are 1-2 inch thick. Do I really have to crush/grind them manually?

BTW I went through hell and back to find Turface MVP. The moment I found one I bought 4 sacks. What a Face

Any help appreciated, thank you.

ericksond

Back to top Go down

Fafard Soil Conditioner alternatives? Empty Re: Fafard Soil Conditioner alternatives?

Post  GriGri Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:53 pm

I do not know exactly which conditioner you are talking about but I found "PermaTill" at Merrifield garden center, it says "Expanded Slate" Which I use as a replaccement for Haydite which I cannot find here. I use it in combination with Turface and Composted bark.

GriGri

Back to top Go down

Fafard Soil Conditioner alternatives? Empty Re: Fafard Soil Conditioner alternatives?

Post  ericksond Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks Gri. I think the PermaTill is probably a good alternative to the red lava rocks.

The Fafard soil conditioner I believe consists of pine barks.

ericksond

Back to top Go down

Post  ericksond Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:24 pm

I found a good source of bonsai supplies in Miami! It is called OFE International down in Kendall.

www.ofe-intl.com

They had the Fafard soil conditioner. They also sell a good alternative to red lava rocks. However, they do sell red lava rocks but they just did not have one in stock.

FYI to those in Miami wondering where to find stuff.

ericksond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down