Malaysian International show

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Brekea (large)
















Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:
jun wrote:

More trees later. and stones,,,,Should I post it here or in the Suiseki? (help mods?)

regards,
jun Smile

Hi Jun

In the stonesection will it be nice......or here....just as long as you post MANY Smile

The trees are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards Yvonne


Thanks Yvonne,

I will post the initial batch of photos of stones in a short while in our stone sections...
I am telling you,,, some very nice stones were exhibited and some creative way of displaying the stones.


regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Russell Coker on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Poink88 wrote:
Russell Coker wrote:
jun wrote:




Holy Crap! What is this?????

Keep 'em coming!
I wish the owner made the pads more realistic and not too straight though.


Really? I wish it didn't have a deer antler sticking out of the trunk.

Russell Coker
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:37 pm

aross wrote:Great work! Lovely venue. Jun, the local food beside the venue taste good! The white coffee also very good!cheers!

Thanks!
Yup! Everything is good Specially the people...I even got a beer drinking session until 2 AM...with a 68 year old and a 62 year old fellow youngsters, my new drinking buddies..I got drunk, and I rarely got drunk. hehehe.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Levi on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:51 pm

I personally love durian. I was scared to try it because of what everyone said about it, but the smell isn't all that bad and I think it's pretty delicious. Am I the only whitey to think so?

Levi
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  PROTONWIRA on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks for sharing Jun
How long is the show take place Jun?
I am sorry I did not know this event sooner.
Tks
Qui

PROTONWIRA
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  marcus watts on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:56 pm

A wonderfull collection of trees and show by the look of it - ruined for photography because the back screens are much too short for virtually every tree though. Organisers need to realise the combination of a tall tree and correct camera angle result in the tops of the tree becoming lost in the mess of the hall, roof, windows etc.

How many different species made up the show Jun?

cheers Marcus

marcus watts
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  PROTONWIRA on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Levi wrote:I personally love durian. I was scared to try it because of what everyone said about it, but the smell isn't all that bad and I think it's pretty delicious. Am I the only whitey to think so?

Hi
I do love durian too.I grow some durian trees in the garden in my hometown. Fruits are given yearly.

PROTONWIRA
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  kauaibonsai on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:22 pm

beautiful jun.

thanks for sharing these. the premna is spectacular.

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Poink88 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 pm

jun wrote:Wrigthia (large) One of my favorite trees
Very nice but the vertical 2nd trunk throws if off for me. Of course, as on my prvious post, I am nitpicking these rather perfect trees Twisted Evil

All the trees have very impressive ramification and age...must be very nice to be a part of it.

Poink88
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Sakaki on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks for this great show Jun, The Magichands! Smile
Would it be possible for you to give me some info about Brekea & Wrigthia trees (incl. their latin names)?
I especially love them.

Thanks
Taner

Sakaki
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Smithy on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks Jun for posting these trees they are very inspiring. They have such a different feel from the trees here, I love them.

Smithy
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Wendi on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Smithy wrote:Thanks Jun for posting these trees they are very inspiring. They have such a different feel from the trees here, I love them.

I agree, these trees are stunning, thank you for sharing, Jun!

Are you able kindly to show further pictures also from smaller trees?

Best wishes
Brigitte


Wendi
Member


Back to top Go down

Literati styled backea.

Post  Zaratul on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:03 am



Thanks fro posting the images Jun...What do you think of this tree?

Zaratul
Member


Back to top Go down

Literati styled backea

Post  Zaratul on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:33 am

and this one...?


Zaratul
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:34 am

PROTONWIRA wrote:Thanks for sharing Jun
How long is the show take place Jun?
I am sorry I did not know this event sooner.
Tks
Qui


Thanks Qui!
I am already back in the Philippines,,,I am not so sure for the duration of the show. I think, up to the 10th of June.

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Backea bonsai.

Post  Zaratul on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:40 am

and this one....?



Zaratul
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:46 am

marcus watts wrote:A wonderfull collection of trees and show by the look of it - ruined for photography because the back screens are much too short for virtually every tree though. Organisers need to realise the combination of a tall tree and correct camera angle result in the tops of the tree becoming lost in the mess of the hall, roof, windows etc.

How many different species made up the show Jun?

cheers Marcus


Hi Marcus.

Major tree specie on displays are:
Wrigthia
Brekea/Bekea
Premna

Few ones:
Juniper
Ficus
Triphasia trifolia
ixora
Celtis
and some few ones I can't recall.

I'll be posting more images of trees later.

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:55 am

Sam,

thanks! yes Premna is one of the best tropical specie for bonsai.

regards,
jun Smile


Smithy,

Thanks!
Yes, That is why I love this show. Most of the trees got very natural feel to it. If you would observe the trees again, almost none of them got the template triangular look.

regards,
jun Smile


Brigitte,
Thanks!

Yes, I will post more photos later...I have just posted half of the pictures.

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:58 am

Zaratul,

Thanks for sharing added photos... I'll get to the detailed discussion of the trees if you wanted too. BTW, were you there? when?

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Zaratul on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:20 am

jun wrote:Zaratul,

Thanks for sharing added photos... I'll get to the detailed discussion of the trees if you wanted too. BTW, were you there? when?

regards,
jun Smile

I was there on the 2nd of June in the morning....tried to catch a glimpse of you but failed.....I managed to ask some bonsai enthusiasists a few questions about the judging criteria...They told me that there are three main criteria: Maturity, balance and design. And a person told me that the judges are more inclined towards literati style based on the selection of baeckea winners......My question is: Looking at the first picture that i posted...the twist of the trunk is rather unnatural ( I mean it is very close to impossible to find such a trunk twist in nature)....and yet the tree is awarded gold....(some people told me that it is art)....How do you balance between art and nature?....Can you also explain about the term 'balance'...Does it mean that the tree is well positioned or the tree branches is proportionate to the trunk?

Zaratul
Member


Back to top Go down

Can Mr. Rob Kempinski also help with the question....

Post  Zaratul on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:31 am

Can Mr. Rob Kempinski also help with the question....

Zaratul
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:31 am

Zaratul wrote:and this one...?



This tree got a consistent highest score from me from round one on.

The trunk movement is just right. The shari is almost consistent from bottom to top. As if the tree were in some open field in Africa with consistent wind blowing in one direction,,,then something happened to the main trunk that almost killed the tree, but the tree still survives and adopt a new form. still consistent with the direction of the original trunk movement. -That's for the tree story---and I think every bonsai must tell it's on story and should be very consistent with it's perceived environment.

As for the pot, tree and stand combination- It is just ok
As for the overall balance- It is perfect
Using the same specie for the accent plant is a big No No for the Japanese standard,,,, but we are not talking Japanese exhibition, So it is just ok.

So for me the tree is very nice-just an observation

regards,
jun Smile


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Zaratul on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:43 am

[quote="jun"]
Zaratul wrote:and this one...?



This tree got a consistent highest score from me from round one on.

The trunk movement is just right. The shari is almost consistent from bottom to top. As if the tree were in some open field in Africa with consistent wind blowing in one direction,,,then something happened to the main trunk that almost killed the tree, but the tree still survives and adopt a new form. still consistent with the direction of the original trunk movement. -That's for the tree story---and I think every bonsai must tell it's on story and should be very consistent with it's perceived environment.

As for the pot, tree and stand combination- It is just ok
As for the overall balance- It is perfect
Using the same specie for the accent plant is a big No No for the Japanese standard,,,, but we are not talking Japanese exhibition, So it is just ok.

So for me the tree is very nice-just an observation

regards,
jun Smile

Thanks Jun....that is very enlightening....but, what about the first backea bonsai that I posted (the one without the gold flag...I know this tree won gold because it was there when I saw it..the picture must have been taken beforehand)..

Zaratul
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:50 am

Zaratul wrote:

Thanks fro posting the images Jun...What do you think of this tree?


This tree is just ok, but for me it is no way near the winning tree.

There is something odd, with the drastic sudden twist of branch on top of the tree. The tree grew so straight up then same as with the first tree, for some reason it died on top, but how can you explain the sudden twisting of the branch,,,for me it doesn't make sense...Maybe a very forceful wind made it happen,,,but,but the trunk should be affected as well. This is where consistency of design should be questioned.
If you were judging series of trees. and at initial glance you saw something odd or unnatural about a tree, you'll move on to the next tree. and if the next trees will catch your attention, then you go to the details. So first impression is very important. Make the viewer attracted to the tree and then let the viewer stay there and catch their imagination. for me it is important.

regards,
jun Smile




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian International show

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:34 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum