Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob on youtube.

+9
DreadyKGB
marcus watts
coh
will baddeley
landerloos
Kev Bailey
drgonzo
JimLewis
alonsou
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Noob on youtube. - Page 2 Empty Re: Noob on youtube.

Post  marcus watts Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:37 am

hahaha - as the bonsai artists mature they need to root prune the hair - especially now our new utube master is leading the long hair brigade from the front (of the garage!! Very Happy ) - i know you need to cling to your youth !! but rootpruning gives plenty of vigour Laughing

at least he has had many more utube hits than he would have ever got - the best bit is you can reply to his film with a video of your own - has anybody got a wig i can borrow Twisted Evil , i have the garage door already!

its really not that cruel to give critique to one who thinks they have reached the highest pinacle of bonsai wisdom as such a young age. But yes - he may be the type to go on the rampage with his ball of string and some wire cutters

its a bit of fun, and one day he may look back and think "what a xxxxxx I was" - if not the trees and tools will be on ebay, oh and the camcorder cheers

marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:55 am

[quote="landerloos"]
jun wrote:
will baddeley wrote:
...Some good bonsai Artists, got long hair (I don't know the relationship between the long hair and the bonsai, but it seems to work anyway), I can name some like Hans and Robert, Will(?) and a few Filipinos too...But I am having a second thought of growing long hair now. This guy is giving you long haired guys a bad reputation Razz

hahaha,
jun Smile

Hahahaha next time we meet Hans and the other long haired senseis (noelanders trophy) they all have short hair lol!

Peter

If they do that, I am sure their supreme ability to do good bonsai will be gone too...I have a dark theory now, that they got their seemingly superb artistry from their long hair.

...Cut the hair guys! let's have a level playing field! Some of us can't keep up, and would be lucky just to have a few hair. Razz

Some guys got the destiny be a good bonsai artists.........and......some guys are just destined to have long hair.

hahahaha,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:24 pm

marcus watts wrote: hahaha - as the bonsai artists mature they need to root prune the hair - especially now our new utube master is leading the long hair brigade from the front (of the garage!! Very Happy ) - i know you need to cling to your youth !! but rootpruning gives plenty of vigour Laughing

No my long hair has nothing to do with clinging to my youth. I just like to stay in touch with my feminine side!
And just like with Samson, my hair gives me my amazing strength! And I cant risk to loose that, because when this big boy goes to the loo to tinkle, I need all that strength to be able to lift up my verry heavy...............
toilet seat! Noob on youtube. - Page 2 Grote_12

marcus watts wrote: The best bit is you can reply to his film with a video of your own!
its really not that cruel to give critique to one who thinks they have reached the highest pinnacle of bonsai wisdom as such a young age. But yes - he may be the type to go on the rampage with his ball of string and some wire cutters, its a bit of fun, and one day he may look back and think "what a xxxxxx I was" - if not the trees and tools will be on ebay, oh and the camcorder cheers
marcus

That's a brilliant idea you gave me here!!!! Noob on youtube. - Page 2 Addemo15 And it is just what I want to try to do! I will try to make my own version of his video and post it next to his on yourtubeless! You gave me something fun to think about today! Working out a script that is just as ridiculous as his will not be easy, but some one has to do it, to save the world from this evil long haired Bonsai genius! Noob on youtube. - Page 2 Addemo17
Give me a few days and wish me luck! And if I am not back in 48 hours, please call for backup!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Last edited by Hans van Meer. on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Hans,
I want to back you up my friend...but my hair is short! farao farao

I wont sleep tonight, I want to see your youtube video first. But don't get upset....we'll probably send rude reactions to you too after that. Laughing

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:24 pm

It seems at least that 'severusjsnape' fellows comments are meeting with approval..

you know, I bet that severus' fellow is a real nice guy who just likes helping people and doesn't have any sort of receding hairline no matter what other people may tell him. Very Happy
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:34 pm

this was the only one i had - so i'll have to try harder as it is not in the garage

just trees

Go Hans go - you lead us from the front to utube - we, the bonsai army will follow - good luck, i, like jun, wait with baited breath

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:06 pm

marcus watts wrote:this was the only one i had - so i'll have to try harder as it is not in the garage

just trees

Go Hans go - you lead us from the front to utube - we, the bonsai army will follow - good luck, i, like jun, wait with baited breath

Im glad you settled on Beni Maiko for that tree, I agree completely, that litle dancing lady must be very dear to your heart as I find you feature her prominently.

Every time I see that tree I shiver a little bit, what an absolutely outstanding tree!
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:18 pm

drgonzo wrote:
Im glad you settled on Beni Maiko for that tree, I agree completely, that litle dancing lady must be very dear to your heart as I find you feature her prominently.

Every time I see that tree I shiver a little bit, what an absolutely outstanding tree!
-Jay

it is very dear to me jay - for about 20 years i have been inspired by a nice red leaved acer, for the last 3 1/2 years I have been looking to actually buy one, and then this spring to walk through a gate never expecting in a million years that a red maple would be on the other side was quite a moment - especially as this tree still has so much progression ahead - it is nearly a naked dancing lady too- now there is an image to go with a cup of coaco Laughing

thanks Jay,

regards Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  alonsou Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:25 pm

marcus watts wrote:

That's a brilliant idea you gave me here!!!! Noob on youtube. - Page 2 Addemo15 And it is just what I want to try to do! I will try to make my own version of his video and post it next to his on yourtubeless! You gave me something fun to think about today! Working out a script that is just as ridiculous as his will not be easy, but some one has to do it, to save the world from this evil long haired Bonsai genius! Noob on youtube. - Page 2 Addemo17
Give me a few days and wish me luck! And if I am not back in 48 hours, please call for backup!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Oohh boy!!.. this is going to be epic!!!... I can see it already....
alonsou
alonsou

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:41 pm

bjorn and the bonsai art japan crew are doing a parody too - this is going to be so funny - and wolfmeditator will become an urban legend in his garage !! haha
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  alonsou Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:58 pm

marcus watts wrote:bjorn and the bonsai art japan crew are doing a parody too - this is going to be so funny - and wolfmeditator will become an urban legend in his garage !! haha

Ooh God... let me get my popcorn ready... this is going to be fun!
alonsou
alonsou

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 pm

marcus watts wrote:bjorn and the bonsai art japan crew are doing a parody too

I think that would be in very poor taste from folks who should hold themselves to a higher principle. Professionals shouldn't act that way.
That's just my opinion.
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:19 pm

drgonzo wrote:
marcus watts wrote:bjorn and the bonsai art japan crew are doing a parody too

I think that would be in very poor taste from folks who should hold themselves to a higher principle. Professionals shouldn't act that way.
That's just my opinion.
-Jay

Jay, in my opinion you are right. I was just about to tell the folks here on IBC that I had to reconsider the making of a parody! I came to the conclusion that although this guy is almost begging for it, it feels not right for me! That's why I wanted to recline, and than I red your reply! So yes Jay, you are right! I dont think it is my place to make fun of this, like I posted before, lonely and sad guy! Although I love a good prank, I made one here just a week ago, I seriously dont want to hurt this guy! That's not how I am, not by far! And I dont want people to think in any way that I am! So I have to pool out of my promise that I made here! Sorry, normally I am good for my promises, but it is that importand to me! Can I make it up with you guy's if I post a short film about one of my trees that I am working on to post on YouTube?! I hope that Bjorn and his friends will re think just what we were planing to do and what actually could happen to this misguided fool! I for one dont want to have that on my conscious!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Last edited by Hans van Meer. on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:57 pm

oh dear.........how sad....................nevermind.

a saying that always stands true - you set yourself up to be shot down, and it is a part of learning and maturing that makes a person better in the long run. generally speaking I guess we are older and of a different era - our youthfull mistakes were probably fashion, haircuts or women related - this generation are making fools of themselves on utube for the world to see.

looks like an ibc amnesty on videos 1-34, but if 35 is equally full of xxxx then its fair game.

re the 'byorn again crew' there is nothing wrong with satire, parody or comedy - it is a form of humour and nothing more malicious - next time you are laughing out loud at a similar comedian or sketch it will be at someones expense i guarantee - and most times the person who inspired the comedy will also enjoy the show, or at least the attention. Dont you have impressionists anywhere other than England ? I know you do and its exactly the same thing.

all done in the best possible taste - Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Noob on youtube. - Page 2 Empty Noob on youtube

Post  Ginny Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks for the link.

I was worried from the outset, when the guy said the the subject of 'wire' was a complex subject!

It certainly saves on buying expensive tools - all you need are wire cutters for everything. He picked up some sacateurs and didn't even know what they were - he called them garden shears. Would love to see him at one of our bonsai workshops with his garden shears and wire cutters.

It didn't watch all of it, as there were too many "uurh's". He needed an auto-cue and perhaps a more knowledgeable script.

I shouldn't worry about his video, the majority of bonsai enthusiasts will hopefully be led up the right path.

Ginny

Ginny
Ginny

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:31 pm

A parody video issuing from someone like Bjorn who has such incredible potential this early on in his career could do far more damage to Bjorn himself than to this poor you tube fellow.

Think about it, do you think Keiichi Fujikawa would want people thinking this is how he trains his apprentices to behave? Especially coming from a culture with strict cultural taboos about such behaviors?

Once a video like that got out onto the internet and Bjorn's name or Fujikawa's name were either attached or associated with it, it could very well become a potential career damaging move. Things like that can haunt you for a LOOONG time.

I can only speak personally in that I have a very high regard for Bjorn and his devotion to Bonsai, His mastery of the language, and his skill, and I would re-evaluate my appraisal of the guy if I were to see something like that come from him or the guys at Fujikawa kouka-en.
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  alonsou Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:41 am

drgonzo wrote:A parody video issuing from someone like Bjorn who has such incredible potential this early on in his career could do far more damage to Bjorn himself than to this poor you tube fellow.

Think about it, do you think Keiichi Fujikawa would want people thinking this is how he trains his apprentices to behave? Especially coming from a culture with strict cultural taboos about such behaviors?

Once a video like that got out onto the internet and Bjorn's name or Fujikawa's name were either attached or associated with it, it could very well become a potential career damaging move. Things like that can haunt you for a LOOONG time.

I can only speak personally in that I have a very high regard for Bjorn and his devotion to Bonsai, His mastery of the language, and his skill, and I would re-evaluate my appraisal of the guy if I were to see something like that come from him or the guys at Fujikawa kouka-en.
-Jay

I couldn't agree more with your statement drgonzo, it will be epic and super fun to make a parody of this poor guy, but just like you said, Bjorn is a great individual with lots of talent, I really hope no video is ever done. We all should just leave this guy and keep our mind in something else, but let's not forget his name, just in case we see him one day on the forum.. cheers
alonsou
alonsou

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:08 am

Kev Bailey wrote:Sounds like a Troll to me. They thrive on attention. Don't respond and they are lost.

Maybe the best advice thus far...
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:01 am

Mr Wolfmeditation is just another in a long line of 'experts' who believe that 'sharing' there 'knowledge' elevates them to a higher place... oh joy... loved this comment from him though!

When there is a need to eat meat, I eat meat. If a vegan diet is required for certain spiritual training, A vegan diet is eaten. If there is a need for fruit then fruit is eaten. Basically, yes and no.
wolfmeditation 1 year ago

Just goes to show do not believe EVERYTHING you read on the Tinterweb. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2