Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wonder How high......

3 posters

Go down

I wonder How high...... Empty I wonder How high......

Post  Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:41 pm

How high is the ideal table for displaying, bonsai- and shohindisplays....and stones?....
In a exhibition

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

I wonder How high...... Empty Re: I wonder How high......

Post  dick benbow Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:35 pm

my understanding is that it is 10-15% within eye level.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:28 am

Hi Dick

Many thanks for your answer Smile .....but it was not really the answer I was looking for.....if you want to make an exhibition, the exhibitiontables should have the same high, maybe a section with shohin schould be diffrent...higher/lower.....a normal table is 72 cm. high...I dont think this is enough. What sice is better?.

Kind regards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:04 am

I think the ideal would be to select a number for the height of the important feature to be seen at. (That is said badly.) OK, suppose we decide that the best height for viewing without bending is 150 cm. Then we would make an effort through the use of stands, etc. to make the best feature of each item to be at that height. So, if we have a table at 72 cm we would put legs under it to lift it up and then put trees/stones on stands to bring them to the ideal height. For example a large tree with a great nebari would have a fairly low stand and shallow pot, but a shohin would have a tall stand. A small stone would be on a taller stand than a large one.
The idea would be to prevent people from having to bend over to see the tree/stone at the best viewing angle and especially to avoid people from looking down upon the tree/stone.
Of course, how far people are kept away would make a difference. The further away people are the less critical height becomes.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:05 pm

if you have the ability to create the tables rather than use standard sized ones i would say 1 to 1.2m high would be much better than 72cm. this will bring most trees up to a more comfortable viewing height, then with the addition of stands each individual tree can be fine tuned.

if you can picture 'monkey pole' type of stands these are a much better height than normal tables to show off trees. - but as the table gets higher so must the background cloths too !

regards Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down