Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot

5 posters

Go down

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot Empty Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot

Post  Randy_Davis Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Just thought I'd post a pic of an Amur maple that I've been working on for a number of years that will finally get a nice container in the spring. I'm open to suggestions on the type and color of container. At the moment I've selected a light green oval for it.
Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot A_ginn10
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot Empty Re: Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot

Post  Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:58 pm

That is one sweet tree. I love the naturalness of it... though I can hear someone trying to beat the textbook rules of twin trunk style about same trunk thickness, and same height.

I mean this tree has the image of something that you would find in nature.

- S

Back to top Go down

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot Empty Re: Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot

Post  JimLewis Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:24 am

though I can hear someone trying to beat the textbook rules of twin trunk style about same trunk thickness, and same height.

Well, I guess that's me . . . I would like to see one of those trunks a bit shorter. It doesn't have to be a lot. Then, a slight rotation of the planting angle so one trunk is a bit closer to the viewer than the other can help eliminate that somewhat overwhelming "V" shape and maybe hide that huge root?

That said, it IS a nice tree and well worth a bit more work.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  peter krebs Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Randy,
Pictures to dream.

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot K-buch10

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot K-buch11

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot K-buch12

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot K-buch13

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot K-buch14

Best Wishes
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy_Davis Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Peter,

Your virtuals of the tree in those containers is just wonderful! I am always in awe of you folks that can do those virtuals. I really like the 1st, 3rd and 4th pots. They all make the tree look better, I just hope I can get the root system down enough to fit into that style of container. Thanks so much for your effort. Here is the container that it will go into for the moment as it's the only one that I have that will do the job.

Acer Ginnala finally ready for a nice pot A_ginn12
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  jean vermaeren Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:21 pm

hallo, ik zou voor schaal nr 4 gaan,

jean vermaeren

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed Trout Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:27 pm

All of these pot choices are really nice ! I think I like the first green one the best Randy, but what would it look like with the green leaves of Spring & Summer ?

Ed

Ed Trout

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy_Davis Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Ed Trout wrote:
All of these pot choices are really nice ! I think I like the first green one the best Randy, but what would it look like with the green leaves of Spring & Summer ?

Ed

Ed,
For the best year around display the colbalt blue color that peter did a virtual of would probably be the best and I do like it. However, this is one of those trees that I actually only pay attention to in the fall so a Green container with those red, pink and orange leaves would look just fine to my eye. Besides, I can't afford to buy a new container so I'll be happy with what I have and leave it at that.
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down