Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies"

5 posters

Go down

Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" Empty Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies"

Post  Tony Remington Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:13 am

These were taken out of the kiln yesterday. I have included a couple of "Noobies" I would like to thank Kitoi for sharing this technique with us all. the measurments are approximate (I can't find a tape measure)

Hand thrown about 4" by 2"

Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" 275546147_o

Accent 3" by 1.5" square
Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" 275546177_o

Accent 6" by 3"
Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" 275546189_o

Hand thrown 7" by 1.5"
Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" 275546117_o

Hand thrown about 6" by 3"
]Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" 275546162_o

Noobie 1, 9" by 2.5"
Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" 275546196_o

Noobie 2 Oval 8" 5" by 2.5"
Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" 275546132_o

Last edited by notgnimer on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tony Remington
Tony Remington

Back to top Go down

Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" Empty Re: Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies"

Post  Stone Monkey Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:30 am

Hi Tony

The pots are looking good especially the cracked and fissured ones. I heard of this technique about a year ago from a good USA Ceramics website who give alot of techniques and tips that can be employed in the Bonsai pot world, but I have only just got around to trying out this technique. Always the same story so many ideas to try out and so little time to do them in Crying or Very sad

Thanks for sharing your work

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" Empty Re: Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies"

Post  Tony Remington Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 am

Hi Andy
thanks for that. Do you happen to remember the name of the website.
Tony
Tony Remington
Tony Remington

Back to top Go down

Post  kitoi Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:59 am

Love those crackpots! Are these gas fired?

kitoi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Remington Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi kitoi
No they are fired in an electric kiln. I just took some time working the surface with different oxides. Glad you like them I tried another one where I part threw the pot and then gave it a wash with black slip before throwing. I have posted a picture of it it is quite interesting, but it would look better with a white clay body behind the black slip.
All the best Tony

size 5" by 3"
Fresh from the kiln, including a couple of "noobies" 275554259_o
Tony Remington
Tony Remington

Back to top Go down

Post  kitoi Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Tony,
I agree or maybe if the black was more black instead of a grayish tone, nice shape though. What cone/temp do you fire at?

Have a load of crackpots to fired on Friday.

kitoi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Remington Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi
In real life it is more black the photo flash has bleached the colour out a bit. I fire to 1235c it could go higher but most of my glazes are best to that temp.
Tony
Tony Remington
Tony Remington

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Tony,
I like what you have done with the cracked surface technique. Very interesting!

That red is one of my favorite glazes. Was this a high or midfire version? Slow cooled too I bet...
Cool
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Remington Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi Rob
The red is my favourite glaze it's one of those that you can always rely on, as long as you apply it thick enough. If you apply it to thin it goes black. You can fast fire it and fast cool it, it doesn’t mind. I fire to 1235c so fairly high. As for the crack pots still work in progress, but pleased with the results so far.
Regards tony
Tony Remington
Tony Remington

Back to top Go down

Post  peter krebs Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi Tony,

Your pots are very expressive, even your glazes look very good. Laughing

Best regards
Peter
peter krebs
peter krebs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down