Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012

+5
landerloos
Harleyrider
bonsai monkey
marcus watts
Mark Cooper
9 posters

Go down

MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Empty MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012

Post  Mark Cooper Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:42 pm

At last Sunday’s very successful and well-attended bonsai exhibition organised by the Bristol Bonsai Society (BBS), the "mystery event" that will be taking place next year in the Failand Village Hall (near the city of Bristol, UK) on Sunday, 27th May 2012 was officially announced…. “Magical Bonsai Accents 2012”

Accent plants in all of their various forms and species as well as all of the other accoutrements that accompany a bonsai display will now have a show all of their very own. No longer will the bonsai 'accent' have to be the Cinderella of the show...... it will have a show of its own with its own blogsite (see URL below) and will be open to everyone to enter items for exhibition. We would love some of our friends from continental Europe to join us in this adventure too.

The Magical Bonsai Accents Exhibition was the idea of a few UK enthusiasts, and it will include a feast of bonsai related ‘quality’ accent items such as kusamono, kokedama, shitakusa, suiseki, hanging scrolls, mini bronze sculptures and other figurines, accent plants, accent pots, display tables etc.
It is believed that never before has there been an exhibition of this kind in the UK, or indeed in Europe(?) so it will be a unique opportunity to learn more about this increasingly popular aspect of bonsai and the art of display

This date is a must for your diaries and anyone that requires further information, or would like to exhibit at this show, should contact me (Mark Cooper) at: kusamono@btinternet.com

Meanwhile, do keep visiting the blogsite http://magicalbonsaiaccents.wordpress.com/ to see the latest news and updates, and do please pass this info on to all of your bonsai friends and acquaintances. Thank you and we look forward to your participation.

As mentioned earlier, at the BBS Show last Sunday, the "Magical Bonsai Accents" (MBA) team put on a promotional display of a few of the delicious exhibits that will be on show next year.
Here are a few photos of the promotional display at the BBS show :

MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Mba_pr10

Some suiseki and pots
MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Suisek10

A closer look at some of the plantings
MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Accent10

MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Accent11

Here is the large Kusamono on a tall stand that greeted visitors in the entrance lobby to the show
MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Kusamo10

A small display of bronze fugures (tenpai)
MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Mba_br10

The promotional display certainly created a lot of interest
MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Mba_pe10
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Empty Re: MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012

Post  marcus watts Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:05 pm

hi, i'm a convert!!

will we be able to buy pots, plants and associated bits and bobs at the show?

thanks Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Empty Re: MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012

Post  Mark Cooper Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:39 pm

marcus watts wrote:hi, i'm a convert!!

will we be able to buy pots, plants and associated bits and bobs at the show?

thanks Marcus

Hi Marcus, Glad to learn of your conversion LOL ! Yes, you will be able to buy pots, plants, bronzes etc at the show

Last edited by Mark Cooper on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 pm

marcus watts wrote:hi, i'm a convert!!

Be careful, they can become addictive, beleive me Wink
Wish I could be there Mark. Maybe not in body but in soul. Looking forward to seeing you at Willowbog,
Regards,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 pm

I say, sir. What a dashed good idea!

I shall certainly pencil this event into my diary.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:26 am

Harleyrider wrote:I say, sir. What a dashed good idea!

You should come to Belgium in January aswell Steve.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Harleyrider wrote:I say, sir. What a dashed good idea!

Hi Steve, we'd be most pleased to see you. What about an exhibit from you? Mark & Ritta
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:47 am

hi guys, (and girls!)

i've got the weekend sorted out nicely now...........helping John T on the chelsea flowershow stand saturday then traveling back with him and onto the accent show on Sunday - looking forward to a brilliant bonsai weekens (and all things related Very Happy)

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:50 am

That's good news. See you there Marcus.
Mark & Ritta

PS if you'd like to exhibit, do let us know...you'd be most welcome.
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Empty MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012

Post  The Lad Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:50 am

Hi Mark and Rita

Congratulations on a Magical Bonsai Accents" (MBA) Promotion Event at the Bristol Bonsai Society I can see why they say Accents can be additive and I am sure next years will be a HUGE SUCCESS

Both of you are AWESOME

Take care and look after each other

Jim thelad
[i]
The Lad
The Lad

Back to top Go down

MAGICAL BONSAI ACCENTS EXHIBITION 2012 Empty Deadline for applications to exhibit

Post  Mark Cooper Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 am

Dear friends,

I thought that I would remind all potential exhibitors that the deadline for applications to exhibit is approaching fast for this unique and special event !
The deadline for applications is the end of February 2012.

So, if you’d like to exhibit, please submit your application as soon as possible. So far we have had a great response to this event and we already have several non-UK exhibitors too.

If you’d like to exhibit, or need more information, you can find details here http://magicalbonsaiaccents.wordpress.com/

Also if you’d like any advice on how to create an exhibit for this event, or have any questions, please use the email address on the event’s ‘blog site (above) to contact me.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Dear friends,

I thought that I would remind all potential MBA exhibitors again that the deadline for submitting applications to exhibit is the end of February 2012.
If you’d like to exhibit, please submit your application urgently.
The event is incredibly well oversubscribed with applications, and we have several non-UK applicants too.
By the way, we always acknowledge receipt of applications, so if you haven’t received an email acknowledging your application, then we haven’t received one from you.

I can now announce that the following traders will be in attendance selling top quality products related to the theme of the exhibition; John Pitt (John Pitt Bonsai Ceramics), Paul Goff (Bonsai Presentations), Dave Sampson (Fine Japanese Suiseki), Bob Thompson (Dai Ichi Bonsai), Dan Barton (Dan Barton Bonsai Pots), John Trott (Mendip Bonsai), and Robin Jehan (accent plants).

If you’d like to exhibit, need more information, or have any questions, you can find details here http://magicalbonsaiaccents.wordpress.com/

Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Fri May 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Well, with a bit cooler that the rest of the UK forecast for Sunday, I'm putting the shorts away. Looking foward to seeing everyone. Pocket money duly withdrawn for a good spend up. John Trott's Bronzes are first stop followed by ... well, whatever I fancy Very Happy

See U there.
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Fri May 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Mike Jones wrote:Well, with a bit cooler that the rest of the UK forecast for Sunday, I'm putting the shorts away. Looking foward to seeing everyone. Pocket money duly withdrawn for a good spend up. John Trott's Bronzes are first stop followed by ... well, whatever I fancy Very Happy

See U there.
Looking forward to seeing you there Mike. We have exhibitors comimg from all over the UK and a several from abroad.

Rest assured, that there will be plenty to see and to buy. We have 8 traders selling quality related items; scrolls, tables, jiita, suiseki, pots, plants, ready made kokedama and kusamono, bronzes etc.

Ritta Cooper will be doing demos of how to make kokedama and kusamono.

And of course refreshments will be available all day. The event opens to the public at 10.00.

It should be a great day, and the weather forecast looks good too !
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Fri May 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Thanks Mark. Sounds fantastic; can't wait. Pocket money duly sealed and ready. Very Happy

Have been promoting via our Taunton & Somerset website. http://somersetbonsaiclub.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/magical-bonsai-accents-2/
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Fri May 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Hope you all have a wonderful time

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri May 25, 2012 11:53 pm

I wish Mark and Rita Cooper, Dan and Mom C Barton and every body else that worked to realize this unique event, a fantastic day! I hope it will be a huge sucses for all! I wish I could see it all, so dont forget to post many pictures!
Have fun everybody,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down