Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident Maple

2 posters

Go down

Trident Maple Empty Trident Maple

Post  moyogijohn Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:28 pm

This is my Trident after leaf pruning, comments welcome!! -John
Trident Maple Mail10

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Trident Maple Empty Re: Trident Maple

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Hi John
The tree looks good. I would remove the thick branches and added substrate at higher nebari. Then let grow. Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:01 pm

Thank you Pavel for your comment...the branch stubs that were left are the only place where new growth comes from.. this tree was sent to me bare root as christmas from a good friend so he said not to remove any roots..does this make senceto you???? take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Very nice tree... I agree with Pavel.

While defoliating, did you forget a couple of leaves, or did they grow after defoliating? I don't know the exact implications of leaving a handful of leaves, maybe someone more experienced can explain the technicalities.

Also, if someone can explain why some Japanese masters clip only 'half' the leaf off from Japanese Maples. I do know that they do this to control the energy flow of the tree.

Thanks,
- S

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Suburbia,,,i did clip all leaves leaving the stem only..those leaves have already came back...i don,t know about cutting leaves in half..maybe someone else can tell us.. thanks take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:15 am

Hi John.

this is a very nice tree! the trunk got a good movement and the nebari is also very good.

regards,
jun

Subarbia,
Leaf trimming will lessen the stress of defoliated trees, specially broad leaf trees. Leaving the petiole and partial of the leaves will help nourish the tree, specially in colder climate, while new buds contained within the leaf axis begins to pops out. when the petiole and smaller leaves (hopefully hehehe) comes out the old petilole will fall.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:36 am

Thank you JUN,,,This is the tree my friend who showed me bonsai sent me from georgia...it looked like a bush befor leaf pruning!!! post more for us please...take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down