Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple

4 posters

Go down

can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple Empty can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple

Post  jeffrey Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:23 pm

can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple.
I have repotted the tree in a pot by Brian Albright

can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple Dscn0816
jeffrey
jeffrey

Back to top Go down

can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple Empty Re: can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple

Post  EdMerc Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Hello Jeffery,

You have a nice tree there. The only thing that I can say is that it's styled more like a pine than a maple. It's too triangular. I would reduce the height some and work on slightly rising branches to create a domed canopy.

Take care,
Ed

Last edited by EdMerc on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
EdMerc
EdMerc

Back to top Go down

can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple Empty Re: can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple

Post  jeffrey Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Hoi Ed,
I want the wire not too long leave.
If I remove the wire will bend the branches back enough.
jeffrey
jeffrey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi Jeffrey

I would plant the tree in a much/ too much larger shallow pot, to make the roots spread, grow and fuse a lot, this way you will gain a much better base...this task can also be carried out with other metodes.

Make sure your tree has a taper Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:15 pm

I think Ed is right. Something as simple as this will help:

can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple Jun13

Then let some of the side branches grow longer.

It is, I think, unfortunate that the shortest tree is in the middle.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  kingbean Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Here is a pic of mine if this is any help.can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple Bonsai21
kingbean
kingbean

Back to top Go down

Post  kingbean Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:49 pm

This is the same tree in leaf.can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple 24042010
kingbean
kingbean

Back to top Go down

Post  kingbean Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Here it is again the most recent image.can any one advise me on ways to improve my maple 02110
kingbean
kingbean

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffrey Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:53 pm

kingben,

how high your tree
jeffrey
jeffrey

Back to top Go down

Post  kingbean Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:56 pm

The last pic was Last thursday.
Nice clump I would shorten the tree so the middle trunk was the highest and leave the middle trunk to thicken by not pruning.
kingbean
kingbean

Back to top Go down

Post  kingbean Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:58 pm

About 70 cm.
I need to try and thicken the middle trunk also.
So I will do this by trying not to prune this trunk as much.
kingbean
kingbean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down