Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isao Omachi needs your help

5 posters

Go down

Isao Omachi needs your help Empty Isao Omachi needs your help

Post  landerloos Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Marco Invernizzi made a facebook group to help this rising star in the japanese bonsai firnament.
The poor man and his family lost everything in the latest tsunami in japan.
Please take a look and donate what ever you can.

kind regards
Peter

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_161322040589059&notif_t=group_activity#!/home.php?sk=group_161322040589059&ap=1

Last edited by landerloos on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Isao Omachi needs your help Empty Isao Amachi

Post  bonsaisr Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:11 am

This is what I just got from Pauline Muth:

Subject: Isao OMACHI ...bonsai artist in Japan
Date: March 15, 2011 7:18:07 PM EDT
> Dear bonsai friends
A number of you have seen Isao Omachi demonstrate. I pass this along to you all to do as you wish with it. This is not a scam and the funds collected will be given as described.
Pauline Muth
> Dear all
>
> We are deeply concerned about the events in Japan. Unfortunately one of the best Bonsai artist and friend Isao Omachi suffered the lost of all belongings. Many of you met him during the BCI Convention in Italy and I kindly ask you to help this initiative that Marco Invernizzi started using Face Book. I think also BCI trhought his web page and Magazine can do something to help these friends and make the word friendship something real.
>
> Marco wrotes:
> "Isao Omachi is the rising star of Bonsai in Japan. He used to live and work in Yamada-cho in the Iwate prefecture with his wife, 2 daughters and his parents. The recent tsunami didn't take their lives but EVERYTHING ELSE they own. They lost EVERYTHING including one of the most amazing bonsai collections in Japan. They need our help. They need it now. Gambatte in japanese means: " good luck!" or " do your best!" The best we can all do is to donate money. 3 bank accounts will be soon open and ready to receive your donations: 1 in Europe, 1 in USA, 1 in Japan and a PAYPAL account. I'm sure that the Omachi family will share whatever we will be able to collect with relatives and friends in need. Help us to help them. Dont' wait, please don't wait! Thank you You can find Omachi on FACEBOOK, if you speak any other languages than English please translate this message and share it with everyone!"
> https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_161322040589059&ap=1
>
> I wrote Marco and he gave me this information
>
> You can send a check to:
>
> Omachi Relief Fund
> P.O. Box 22
> Yorklyn, DE 19736
> The checks are NOT tax deductible!
>
> It is also possible to donate through Paypal info:
>
> Omachifund@aol.com
>
> I also kindly invite you to spread this news through your bonsai and suiseki friends
> Thanks a lot
> Chiara
>
>
>
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Isao Omachi needs your help Empty Re: Isao Omachi needs your help

Post  jrodriguez Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Dear Forum Members:

Mr. Oomachi is part of the new wave of talented bonsai artists in Japan. A young and afable guy, he has ben recipient of First Prize at the Sakufu Ten, the annual display and competition reserved to professionals.

Kind Regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Isao Omachi needs your help Empty sad need from Japan Isao Omcki relief found

Post  waterstone Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:27 am

Award winning bonsai artist Isao Omachi is one of the rising starts of the Japanese bonsai world. He lives with his wife, two young daughters and parents near Sendai, Japan, in Iwate Prefecture. On March 11, 2011 the devastating earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan swept away Omachi’s home, bonsai garden and entire town. Fortunately, the Omachi family ran away and escaped the tsunami. They are fine, homeless and without anything.
Isao Omachi’s bonsai garden had numerous fine-quality bonsai specimens he has created. His father
has been working on four masterpiece juniper bonsai for nearly 30 years. These were considered his retirement
fund after spending his life in the shadow of the big bonsai movement in Japan.
Contributions should be sent to:
The Omachi Relief F und
P.O. Box 22
Yorklyn, DE 19736 U SA
Contributions are not tax deductible
Isao Omachi has made several trips to the United States helping his friend Shinji Suzuki teaching bonsai. In 2003 they traveled to Rochester, New York and taught at the “Collected Bonsai II Symposium” and the following day conducted a workshop and demonstration for the Bonsai Society of Upstate New York. Mr. Omachi has also been a presenter at a
Golden State Bonsai Federation Convention in California. Additionally, Mr. Omachi has presented bonsai demonstrations in Puerto Rico, Italy and France.
Marco Invernizzi from Italy has established the Omachi Relief Fund to assist the Omachi family. Please join me along with others from around the world to give financial support to the Omachi family. William N. Valavanis Isao Omachi at his sales area during the Kokufu
Bonsai Exhibition on February 17, 2011.
Sargents Chinese Juniper bonsai created by Isao Omachi. This bonsai won the Prime Minister Award at the 2003 Japan Bonsai Creators Exhibition and is now gone with all his other bonsai. Donation accounts have been set up around the
world to assist the Omachi family. Please contact Marco Invernizzi (marco@marcoinvernizzi.com) for details.

waterstone

Back to top Go down

Isao Omachi needs your help Empty Re: Isao Omachi needs your help

Post  irene_b Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:52 am

Paypal info:
Omachifund@aol.com

Donate to:
Bank Name:Banca Popolare di Ancona
Branch n.287, Osimo sede
Bank Address:Piazza del Comune 4 60027 Osimo Italy
Acc. holder: Marco Invernizzi
...IBAN:IT74B0530837490000000001382