Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHRISTMAS WISHES

+2
Storm
Ravi Kiran
6 posters

Go down

CHRISTMAS WISHES Empty CHRISTMAS WISHES

Post  Ravi Kiran Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:29 am

Here are my Christmas wishes all IBC members.

May the light of Jesus Christ shine through the commercial clutter (of Santa, Tree, gifts, Yuletide, traditions, festivities et all) and touch your hearts and fill your lives with Love, Joy and Peace. Have a blessed and Christ centered Christmas.

And for my Non-Christian friends - Happy Holidays !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

CHRISTMAS WISHES Empty Re: CHRISTMAS WISHES

Post  Storm Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:07 am

Thank you very much, and best wishes to all of you!
A little off topic.. But im not a christian, and the 24th dec doesnt have anything to do with Jesus to be honest.
Jesus was born later. Here in Norway, we had a tradition which was called Jol. Now we call christmas Jul.
We used to take a tree into the house and sing and go around it. Ever wondered why we have a tree inside when people say Jesus was born?
But, after the Viking age (800-1100), Norway was forced to be a christian country by a "overking" who was christianed.
Olav the holy, which fell at the battle at Stiklestad (1030) was a fighter for this.
They found it easier to just change the already excisting tradition with the birth of Jesus, instead of removing the tradition that was already so
deep in the hearts of the norwegian people.

Well, to explain it further, it would take 10 pages just to get the point clear. But to me that has worked in both school and kindergarten, I find it disturbing that we teach children that Jul is because Jesus was born. Not that it matters much I guess to anyone outside Skandinavia.

Ok, seems to be bringing a nice wish of happiness into a rant. But never mind me.
Good holydays to you all, and hope you have a nice time with your family, regardless of your believes. =)
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:05 am

To al good friends at this time, Happy Christmas and as Dave Allen used to say, "may your God go with you".

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks Ravi,

and same to you.

Storm, you are absolutely correct which is why the Creche' is the most important feature of Christmas stuffies to Roman Catholics, not the tree.

The tree is however, great for unpacking and the whole family dressing. Unfortunately years ago they banned the importation of Canadian Fir trees and now we make do with plastic - so sad.
BUT then we don't have to kill anything - yay !

Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings to All.
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:07 am

Hi Storm,

You are right in saying that Dec 25 according to Christian scholars is not the likely date when Jesus was born. The date was fixed based on other considerations around 320 AD when the Roman emperor Constantine declared Christianity as the official religion of Rome and also announced that Dec 25 would be celebrated as the birth day of Jesus Christ.

A lot of other "Christmas" traditions similarly have little or nothing to do with Jesus Christ or Christmas. The Christmas tree is one such which was a german tradition brought to the US by the early migrants and popularized worldwide. I personally do not take much interest in this as its origins are not biblical and besides a lot of trees are chopped off for a few days of fun and presents.

These days it has been my personal endeavor to focus on the true meaning and spirit of Christmas.

Regards
Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen clarke Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:53 pm

all the best to everyone over the festive period,have a great time dont forget our little trees

stephen clarke

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

To those of different faith or none at all, may the new year bring you happiness, health and good fortune!

Jay

Note: I believe it is far safer to live like there is a God and discover there isn't;
Than to live like there is no God and discover there is!
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:50 am

Jay Gaydosh wrote:Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

To those of different faith or none at all, may the new year bring you happiness, health and good fortune!

Jay

Note: I believe it is far safer to live like there is a God and discover there isn't;
Than to live like there is no God and discover there is!

So True My Friend, So True. Take Care And Have A Wonderful Holiday Season To All!! santa

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down