Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mountain...

3 posters

Go down

mountain... Empty mountain...

Post  sancho6571 Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:11 am

near mountain...

mountain... Dsc02740
sancho6571
sancho6571

Back to top Go down

mountain... Empty Re: mountain...

Post  mathias Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:28 am

I'm sorry but it's absolutly not a near montain for me.... Maybe an animal or a tunnel stone.... When I look this stone, I don't see a montain.
mathias
mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi Mathias... It does not look like what the classic Japanese suiseki enthusiast would call a "near mountain," though I perfectly understand the term and its use. It has "peaks" (therefore can be viewed aa a multi-peak mountain or even a mountain range), and it has a detailed surface (therefore, it appears a "near-view" rather than a far-view if seen as a landscape view).

Are you studying stone appreciation outside of the classic (Japanese) suiseki style, Mathias? I know Marco is very knowledgeable about regional styles and historical styles. I was reminded recently when he and Jesus Quintas discussed a stone problem with a friend re' Korean stones. Everything Marco said seemed strikingly correct. Jesus explored areas I've never heard discussed before. It was super to be a fly on the wall, and they were very generous to invite my listening.

I appreciate your discipline. I appreciate others' discipline including Sancho's. I prefer Sancho's stone more than 'pseudo-suiseki' (Japanese-style but lacking quality) created from common stones with less striking aptness.

Nice stone, Sancho. I like the mountain view, but could also appreciate it as an object stone. It is an interesting view that recalls passage down a mountain, for me. You mostly experience (and typically only "see") the mountain's surface which lies on a sloping diagonal. It is an unexpected view that you clarifify by calling in a "near mountain" stone, and I am enchanted.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  mathias Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response.
Yes, I consider suiseki like a japanese / chines art, with rules, charasteristics, etc.... It's true that I don't feel in agreement with Korean style for example. It's not my taste : big stones, heavy daiza, no delicacy.... Be carefull !!! It's just a question of taste and I respect the persons who make it and like it ! Tastes in art are differents, in paint, sculpture etc.... No problem...
Very Happy

However, I appreciate stones for slovakia....

For the previous stone, this stone is beautiful, good repartition of colors, I like it. But I don't see a montain when I look it... ThumbsUp
mathias
mathias

Back to top Go down

mountain... Empty moouontain....

Post  sancho6571 Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:08 pm

hi chris
tnx for your comments, appriciation on this stone !!

regards...
sancho6571
sancho6571

Back to top Go down

Post  sancho6571 Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:17 pm

mathias wrote:I'm sorry but it's absolutly not a near montain for me.... Maybe an animal or a tunnel stone.... When I look this stone, I don't see a montain.

hi matias,

hi matias! tnx for your comments, but for me the stone resembles a mountain,i dont see an animal,anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder... ('Very Happy')D
sancho6571
sancho6571

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down