Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile

Go down

Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile Empty Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile

Post  Mawardi Nur on Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:53 am

I dont know what to do for my progression bugenvile maybe anyideas appear in thus forumAny ideas for my better progression of bugenvile 20201016
Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile 20201017
Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile 20201018
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile Empty Re: Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile

Post  Marty Weiser on Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:53 am

Develop the pads to 3-4X their current width. Bring part of the pad around to hide a little bit of the trunks. I like the nice tight foliage and deadwood, but it currently looks like pom-poms on sticks. I know the last statement can be taken as an insult, but it is not meant that way. I think the key is to get more foliage that can be manipulated showcase the structure and deadwood.

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down

Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile Empty Re: Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile

Post  Mawardi Nur on Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:23 am

Marty Weiser wrote:
Develop the pads to 3-4X their current width. Bring part of the pad around to hide a little bit of the trunks. I like the nice tight foliage and deadwood, but it currently looks like pom-poms on sticks. I know the last statement can be taken as an insult, but it is not meant that way. I think the key is to get more foliage that can be manipulated showcase the structure and deadwood.

Thank you for the advice and this is a very interesting idea, but it would be even more interesting if it could be drawn in a shape to facilitate the shape of the tree as expected. maybe others have more interesting ideas. thanks.
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty Weiser on Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:40 am

Mawardi - I know you were hoping for comments from others, but since there have been none I wanted to elaborate a bit on my recommendation.

The hollow trunk of your tree is very interesting, but the branches are fairly long and straight with foliage primarily at the ends. Growing more foliage will accomplish 2 things. You will be able to train some of the foliage to mask some of the long, straight branches. It will also most likely stimulate the growth of back buds that can be used to build more smaller branches similar to the small branch coming from the trunk on the lower left.

The tree currently tilts away from the viewer which is the opposite of what is traditional. I am wondering if changing the front to one that is rotated a further 15-20 degrees clockwise looking down on the top in the second picture and tilting the tree forward would look good. That brings the second trunk into the foreground, moves the upper right branch so it can form the apex, and hides a bit of the hollow adding a sense of mystery to the tree - what lurks in there?

You don't show much surface rootage (nebari) and I feel that strong nebari is a sign of an old, established tree. I would work on planting the tree a bit higher. My guess is that you can probably repot every year or every other year since I am guessing that you are in a tropical or subtropical region. I can repot my small bougainvilleas every 2-3 years and they sometimes struggle through the winter in my brightly lit windows during the 6 months they spend inside during the winter.

Marty

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawardi Nur on Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:27 am

Marty Weiser wrote:Mawardi - I know you were hoping for comments from others, but since there have been none I wanted to elaborate a bit on my recommendation.

The hollow trunk of your tree is very interesting, but the branches are fairly long and straight with foliage primarily at the ends. Growing more foliage will accomplish 2 things. You will be able to train some of the foliage to mask some of the long, straight branches. It will also most likely stimulate the growth of back buds that can be used to build more smaller branches similar to the small branch coming from the trunk on the lower left.

The tree currently tilts away from the viewer which is the opposite of what is traditional. I am wondering if changing the front to one that is rotated a further 15-20 degrees clockwise looking down on the top in the second picture and tilting the tree forward would look good. That brings the second trunk into the foreground, moves the upper right branch so it can form the apex, and hides a bit of the hollow adding a sense of mystery to the tree - what lurks in there?

You don't show much surface rootage (nebari) and I feel that strong nebari is a sign of an old, established tree. I would work on planting the tree a bit higher. My guess is that you can probably repot every year or every other year since I am guessing that you are in a tropical or subtropical region. I can repot my small bougainvilleas every 2-3 years and they sometimes struggle through the winter in my brightly lit windows during the 6 months they spend inside during the winter.

Marty
Thank you for the comment, I don't understand if I have to rotate 15-20 degrees and whether the branches should be trimmed so that they are even lower, and if possible can be re-drawn the tree to make it easier to imagine. and thanks again for the very interesting advice.
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty Weiser Yesterday at 1:27 am

Mawardi,

I tried to do some sketching tonight and it was not happening. Can you take two pictures using a front of the tee that would point from the center of the hollow to just to the right of the fertilizer basket and over the edge of the largest rock on the surface? One would be at the current elevation and the other would be from lower down, but not so low that we don't see the back rim of the pot.

Marty

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawardi Nur Yesterday at 1:02 pm

Marty Weiser wrote:Mawardi,

I tried to do some sketching tonight and it was not happening. Can you take two pictures using a front of the tee that would point from the center of the hollow to just to the right of the fertilizer basket and over the edge of the largest rock on the surface? One would be at the current elevation and the other would be from lower down, but not so low that we don't see the back rim of the pot.

Marty
Thank you So much for replying and any Ideas, I have taken some pictures as follow :
Pict # 1
Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile Bougen16

Pict # 2
Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile Bougen17

Pict # 3
Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile Bougen18

Pict # 4
Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile Bougen19

Pict # 5
Any ideas for my better progression of bugenvile Bougen20

Maybe some the others any ideas for the tree. thank you for Marty Weiser once again for your best effort to my bugenvile.
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum