Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving a bonsai to winnipeg

4 posters

Go down

Moving a bonsai to winnipeg Empty Moving a bonsai to winnipeg

Post  MarleneJoh Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi folk, I am doing business with bonsai. We have a nursery in Toronto, one of my regular customers asked me to ship a bonsai to her friend in Winnipeg. I haven't sent any bonsai to anyone through mail or courier yet. So little worried about the transportation. I have used moving boxes like this (http://www.ultrastor.ca/moving-supplies/) for home and kitchen storage and not sure how it works for moving a bonsai. Can anyone suggest some tips for safely packing and moving a bonsai? I read online some tips that have to be followed before keeping the bonsai into the moving boxes, says like the bottom of the bonsai has to be covered with newspaper and tied with masking tape. Then again cover both the top and bottom of the pot together with a newspaper and tape. And then place the bonsai in the moving boxes. I thought to follow this tip, also would like to hear your suggestions regarding this.

Last edited by MarleneJoh on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:45 am; edited 3 times in total

MarleneJoh

Back to top Go down

Moving a bonsai to winnipeg Empty Re: Moving a bonsai to winnipeg

Post  AlainK Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:18 pm

It depends on the size of the bonsai, and the price you ask for it: for a small, rather inexpensive bonsai, I guess a cardboard box is OK provided that you wrap the soil in plastic, and use "buble plastic" around it if you see what I mean. Corrugated cardboard, when used properly, is very resistant. Some people even make furniture like armchairs with it!

For larger specimens, esp. If they are more expensive, I would build a kind of cage with wooden edges, and secure the base of the tree to the base of the frame with duct tape, for even if you write "fragile", "up", "this side down", I'm not sure all deliverers really care.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  LanceMac10 Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Copy this link, paste into your search engine.....https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/the-vin-tree.27196
LanceMac10
LanceMac10

Back to top Go down

Post  MarleneJoh Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:58 am

Thank you, guys.

MarleneJoh

Back to top Go down

Moving a bonsai to winnipeg Empty Shipping Bonsai

Post  tonywel Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:53 pm

If I were you contact Brussel Bonsai Nursery, 812 Center Hill rd. Olive Branch Ms. 38654 Phone 1-800-582-2593. They ship all sizes of bonsai tree all over the world. From 8-10" trees to 36" trees. They ship thousand of trees every year. I had a 25" small needle pine , that I ordered online two years ago and is doing great. I fellow club member order a 36' " tribble trunk cypress. Both trees were ship from Brussel's to Chicago, and arrived alive and in great shape, no broken branches.

tonywel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down