Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned

2 posters

Go down

Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned Empty Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned

Post  jun Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi IBC,
another casuarina in the making..

my first encounter with this tree, it was positioned the wrong way, because in the initial planting the guy who planted it wanted to hide the big cut trunk away from the view. sacrificing the advantage of having good branches, and trunk position.

Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned 11942310

Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned 12003210

I opted to rework the tree and choose the side with huge cut as front,,,to deal with the cut much later on.
Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned 11960110

then work and set the branches back
Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned 11953210

after the first workshop...scars makes characters. now I got a good trunk line and huge expoed branches but with big scar...
Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned 11350710

after a year....2nd workshop
Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned 12718310

the structure are now being formed...
Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned 12715810

next stop...will be working on the cut trunk, then preserving the now hardened wood.
Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned 12729010

regards,
jun Very Happy
jun
jun

Back to top Go down

Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned Empty Re: Casuarina equisetifolia bonsai redesigned

Post  BobbyLane Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Outstanding Jun, i also like what you did by obscuring the large hollow with foliage, as its probably a little big to leave fully exposed, however i think it looks good in any case. really nice tree and very natural looking Wink
BobbyLane
BobbyLane

Back to top Go down