Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the vietnam Era

3 posters

Go down

the vietnam Era Empty the vietnam Era

Post  dick benbow Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:26 am

Today was a very special day for me. I showed up as a volunteer for the bonsai museum and was invited for a lunch time ceremony in which a vietnamese landscape bonsai was donated to the museum by former Governon Dan Evans of Washington state. It was a gift to him from a vietnamese refrugee following the vietnam war as a way to say thank-you for all he did to make them feel welcome. Especially in lieu of the fact that California refused to accept any refrugees. It's timeliness spoke loudly of what we as a nation are going thru currently in restricting those from the middle-east. comments by both were very heart warming regarding the cause and effect
that has played out during the time since the event. To the best of my knowledge only one newspaper (media) was present. I thought it was a timely regional story with national opportunity. but no TV stations for coverge.
I was happy to be able to have such a present on display so all could see the impact it will have on telling the state and nation's story in history. As duely noted in the governor's speech, bonsai can exist for many generations past the present one, sharing their story for future generations. I like that. It's one of many reasons why I'm so willing to give of my time towards keeping our subjects in top shape. Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

the vietnam Era Empty Re: the vietnam Era

Post  DougB Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Thanks for sharing.

It is not the big things, but the little things that make us great.
DougB
DougB

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:50 pm

ThumbsUp

I won't comment further, but I like your post...
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down