Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kind of fungus?

4 posters

Go down

Kind of fungus? Empty Kind of fungus?

Post  Cees Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Anyone who can tell my what kind of fungus this is?
I find it on a Juniper whits I wanted to collect bud I think I can forget about that.

Thanks,
Cees.

Kind of fungus? Img_6913

Cees
Cees

Back to top Go down

Kind of fungus? Empty Re: Kind of fungus?

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sun May 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Google Ceder Apple Rust
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Cees Sun May 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Looks like it.
Now cure I think.
Thanks.

Cees.
Cees
Cees

Back to top Go down

Post  GašperG Sun May 12, 2013 10:06 pm

It's a very contagious fungus and deadly for junipers. A product of spring wet season, fruit trees and certain species of juniper, not all. But if you find one with branches infected, stay away. Guys had to burn their trees just to get rid of it from their garden. Evil or Very Mad
GašperG
GašperG

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon May 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Oh, now. It's not THAT bad. Infected branches should be cut away and destroyed, so it may well screw up the tree's design, but if it is fatal it is slow. In the late winter or early spring a heavy spray with lime sulfur or other copper-based fungicide will go a long way toward preventing it in the spring and early summer -- that and keeping your juniper well away from apple trees -- on your tables or in the neighborhood.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  GašperG Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 pm

JimLewis wrote:Oh, now. It's not THAT bad. Infected branches should be cut away and destroyed, so it may well screw up the tree's design, but if it is fatal it is slow.

Cees, i didn't want it to sound sooo... deadly, fatal... What Jim said is true, but it is something you want to keep an eye on. Since you were asking for advice on a juni that you wanted to collect - i wouldn't if you have other junipers and fruit trees around in your garden.
I come from an area where apple, cherry, pear and many others are a must in a garden so i keep them well apart. ... This fungus is slow, but can be very persistent...year after year.
just for your consideration.
GašperG
GašperG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down