Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barcelona and Bonsai?

5 posters

Go down

Barcelona and Bonsai? Empty Barcelona and Bonsai?

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:29 am

I will be taking a holiday near Barcelona later in the year,any nurseries/schools in that area?

Back to top Go down

Barcelona and Bonsai? Empty Barcelona and Bonsai

Post  bonsaisr Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:47 am

Google sees all, knows all, tells all. Just Google on Barcelona bonsai. Hope those here can give specific recommendations.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Barcelona and Bonsai? Empty Re: Barcelona and Bonsai?

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:35 am

Hi Will

Mistral Bonsai just south of Tarragona, which is down the coast from Barcelona, it is possible by train then a cab, I did a demo there a few years back and it is well worth a visit. Kimura has been a few times as a guest artist too.

http://www.mistralbonsai.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:58 am

"Castillo Bonsai" is in the suburbs of Barcelona:

Carrer de San Feliu, 24
08906, l'Hospitalet de Llobregat

It can be accessed by the underground:

"Can Boixeres is a station on line 5 of the Barcelona Metro. The station is located on an open-air section of track between Carrer de l'Estronci and Camí de Can Boixeres, just south of the Ronda de Dalt, in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat."

Their website: http://www.castillobonsai.net/eng/indexuk.html

If you have a car, one of the largest bonsai nurseries in Europe is about 100 km south of Barcelona, in Tarragona:

http://www.mistralbonsai.com/fra/index.asp

They must have an English version of their site, but I couldn't find it. Google "Mistral Bonsai", maybe you'll be luckier.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:59 am

Thanks Tony. You were faster than me!
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:27 am

If you are new to Barcelona, take care with your wallet, preferably wear a money belt. Each time I have visited, pickpockets have made their presence felt. I stopped one, in the act, trying to lift my wallet as I got onto the tube. We saw an audacious theft from a chap in a que for the chairlift in the Olympic park when the thief grabbed a wallet and leapt out of the window dropping 10m to the ground and fleeing. My wifes friend had her purse lifted as they got onto a bus. They target tourists and most of the time get away unnoticed with it. This probably goes on in many places, but I've never experienced it personally or so regularly anywhere else I've been.

If you enjoy seeing trees in mountain scenery, take the train north to the Parc Natural de la Muntanya de Montserrat and then the telecabine up to the top. A wonderful Monastery sits high in the mountains and is surrounded by delightful walks.

Good luck with your bonsai hunting.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:38 pm

AlainK wrote:Thanks Tony. You were faster than me!
You sound like Carolyn. No

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Kev Bailey wrote:If you are new to Barcelona, take care with your wallet, preferably wear a money belt. Each time I have visited, pickpockets have made their presence felt. I stopped one, in the act, trying to lift my wallet as I got onto the tube. We saw an audacious theft from a chap in a que for the chairlift in the Olympic park when the thief grabbed a wallet and leapt out of the window dropping 10m to the ground and fleeing. My wifes friend had her purse lifted as they got onto a bus. They target tourists and most of the time get away unnoticed with it. This probably goes on in many places, but I've never experienced it personally or so regularly anywhere else I've been.

If you enjoy seeing trees in mountain scenery, take the train north to the Parc Natural de la Muntanya de Montserrat and then the telecabine up to the top. A wonderful Monastery sits high in the mountains and is surrounded by delightful walks.

Good luck with your bonsai hunting.

mouse trap in the pocket and a quick clip round the lughole. Remember Wellington.
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Barcelona and Bonsai? Empty Barcelona and Bonsai

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Thank you all for such a quick responce. Have jotted everything down. Definitely doing the mountains,any more suggestions greatfully recieved. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post  JanTam Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:28 pm

AlainK wrote:"Castillo Bonsai" is in the suburbs of Barcelona:

Hi, just a quick note: Castillo Bonsai sells bonsai related stuff only online. If you visit them, they only import clothes. Shocked
JanTam
JanTam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down