Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Review: Japanese Shohin trees & antique pots with English subtitles.

4 posters

Go down

Book Review: Japanese Shohin trees & antique pots with English subtitles. Empty Book Review: Japanese Shohin trees & antique pots with English subtitles.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:33 pm

I would like to see some book reviews here on IBC, here is one from me, lets see your book reviews:

I was quite excited this morning as I took receipt of a beautiful book from the Japan Shohin Bonsai Association. My teenage son thought it was something for him when he saw the package as all the stamps were Manga Cartoon Characters. Even Tiffany wanted to get in on the action when I was photographing for the review!

Book Review: Japanese Shohin trees & antique pots with English subtitles. Shohin10

I buy about 10 books a year most are from Japan and a few exhibition books from European events. My knowledge of the Japanese language is limited, confined to Bonsai terms along with “Hello” and “Thank you” so this limits my enjoyment to browsing the photos. But this publication differs as it has ENGLISH subtitles!

Book Review: Japanese Shohin trees & antique pots with English subtitles. Shohin11

This book is more than a celebration of Shohin Bonsai, it’s an encyclopaedia of Shohin Bonsai pots and a real addition to any personal bonsai book library. The high quality photography and print are up there with famous ‘Kokofu’ Exhibition Catalogues. Perhaps the most ‘fun’ part of the book is that most photos of trees and pots appear to be ‘life’ size which is great because you can see the work done with the trees and fine detail in the pots, especially those with ‘scenes’ painted on the sides (and sometimes inside).
The book is published in Japan by the All Japan Shohin Bonsai Association as a celebration of their 30th anniversary. There are 363 Shohin Bonsai and antique pots which were registered as master piece of "Yuuga Bonsai, Bonki" 12 years in a row by the All Japan Shohin Bonsai Association.

I believe that this is only book published in Japan which explains in detail Japanese Shohin trees and antique pots with English subtitles. (Yes I am aware that there is a 'joke' in there)

This is where my book was purchased and it arrived in less than a week from when it was ordered

Back to top Go down

Book Review: Japanese Shohin trees & antique pots with English subtitles. Empty Re: Book Review: Japanese Shohin trees & antique pots with English subtitles.

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Does the cat read Japanese?
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Book Review: Japanese Shohin trees & antique pots with English subtitles. Empty Re: Book Review: Japanese Shohin trees & antique pots with English subtitles.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:Does the cat read Japanese?

I don't know ALASKA?

Back to top Go down

Post  adam1234 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:18 am

Hi Tony,

I really like your name, Just made me smile when I saw your name on the picture of the post you received. Thanks for sharing the review.

Adam

adam1234

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:22 am

attwass wrote:Hi Tony,

I really like your name, Just made me smile when I saw your name on the picture of the post you received. Thanks for sharing the review. Adam
It tickled you?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  adam1234 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 pm

fiona wrote:
It tickled you?

Hi fiona,
Wanted to say that but didn't know how it would be received, but yes it did tickle me fiona. Mr. Tickle could also be lurking around your doorway Fiona, waiting to tickle you. Very Happy

adam1234

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:34 am

I would like to see some book reviews here on IBC, here is one from me, lets see your book reviews:

See our tutorial forum. https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/f4-getting-the-best-from-your-forum-faqs-tutorials-and-top-threads
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:30 pm

fiona wrote:
attwass wrote:Hi Tony,

I really like your name, Just made me smile when I saw your name on the picture of the post you received. Thanks for sharing the review. Adam
It tickled you?

I never realised... my name is Funny Rolling Eyes how could I have missed that Confused

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down