Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason

+17
evanB
akhater
AlainK
Hans Vleugels
Brett Summers
darky
Norma
fiona
lordy
bonsaisr
Gary Swiech
Mowgonie
John Romano
moyogijohn
landerloos
Rui Marques
Loke Emil
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Empty Re: 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason

Post  MikeG Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Looking great Yvonne. Please keep posting updates. Your threads on IBC are some of my favourite progressions. Watching talented, more experienced people develop their trees is one of the best ways that help me learn. Not just before and after pics, but shots and details over a significant amount of time.

Mike
MikeG
MikeG

Back to top Go down

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Empty Re: 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason

Post  Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:45 pm

A few updates...

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0010
This one is growing nicely, like all the others...I make sure the direction is being followed, and will in the future grow the lowest branches to the left stronger, a smaller pot, and the tree is ready for exhibion in a year, i think

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0011
I was not very pleased with this tree, all 3 trunks had the same hight, and it was not possible to anything about it, as it was...cut back the apex' of the two trunks to the right, and will now grow two new smaller, and at the same time grow the lowest branch to the right stronger, this will add to the direction.

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0012
This on was also one of the first trees on this tread, I am not planning to keep it small. The tree has ben in the fairly large pot all year, the crown has grown a lot but the trunksice is too small for my taste...will have to do something about it....it is the same problem with the next tree ( new on this page)
Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0013
The roots are growing slow, and does not add much to the trunk...I will leave them as they are one more season in the pot, and during midsummer next year, carefully move them to a bigger, without touching the roots.

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0014
This is one from page 1...it is healthy, but not much has happened here, hope next year will be better.

The next 4 is small trees of the same motherplant...they are not much to look at now, but hopefully will they be shohintrees one day
Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0015

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0016

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0017

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0018

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  akhater Mon May 11, 2015 9:14 pm

looking forward for this year's update

akhater

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Marques Tue May 12, 2015 10:39 am

akhater wrote:looking forward for this year's update

+1 Very Happy
Rui Marques
Rui Marques

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Thanks Guys  Smile  

The spring is cold in Denmark this year, and it will take a while before I have updates on the elms...I want all the buds to have started growing, and be pruned and thinned out again, before there is anything realy new....But one of the trees have had its trunk shortened, as it was too straight for the design, and the taper was poor, also had the apex formed a clump as I tried to prune/force it to grow buds further dawn the trunk...this spring did it happen, and I could make the cut....

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Img_7910
front
The new growth is not in the desired side, but if it bud from the sleeping bud ( red line)start to grow, will it be better

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Img_7911
back, with sleeping buds

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Dsc_0010
this was the tree

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Schordje Tue May 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Your trees are developing a nice aged look. Very nice, good work. I like the back of this last tree equally to the front. Well done
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  akhater Tue May 12, 2015 3:56 pm

When you start from cutting (and very thin as you already told me)

Do you wire from the start ? do you have a plan for each cutting or you let them grow and follow what the tree tells you ?

thanks

akhater

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi Akhater

This one was vired from the beginning, but most of them are not....
I have a plan from the beginning, but do often change it, as the tree tell me what to do, as it grow.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:38 am

Two of the trees was in an exhibition for the first time last weekend
Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Img_8117
this tree was in a shelf

And this was together with a winning kifu-entry
Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Img_8118
The roots had developed nicely on the young tree, and added to a better final direction of the tree...I have turned the tree and the backside is now the front, and will be kept this way in the future.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  akhater Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:40 am

That second tree is a killer. LOVE IT

If you ever decide to get rid of it, drop me a message Laughing

You're an inspiration

akhater

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:36 am

Thank you Akhater Smile

Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Img_8219
Have just pruned this one a little, not to make it pretty, but to sharpen the style
Nire - 5 Ulmus Nire cuttings facing 5th. growingseason - Page 4 Img_8220
I am aiming to have a profile like this....have found two sacrificebranches, that will be allowed to grow and form a new apex during the next year, or two, as long as it takes Smile

Kind regrads Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4