How to properly update photos of old thread?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to properly update photos of old thread?

Post  Poink88 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:51 pm

What is the proper (or preferred) way to update an old thread showing tree progression...on a new post or update the original post (OP) & post a new one pointing back to the OP?

Both have pros and cons so I am wondering what you think. Thanks!

Poink88

Back to top Go down

Re: How to properly update photos of old thread?

Post  fiona on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Either way, people will need or want to go back to see the original, but I'd be thinking it's easier to track/search in the future if it's on the one post.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 am

I prefer people to resurrect old posts and add updates to them. Makes for an easier and cleaner read for all members. If you can't find old posts, try the new Google search facility on the Home page, it is much better than the inbuilt Javascript search, that I'm trying to get rid of.

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Kev Bailey wrote: If you can't find old posts, try the new Google search facility on the Home page, it is much better than the inbuilt Javascript search, that I'm trying to get rid of.

That's what I did on my Maclura post. Worked perfectly.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum