Wild olive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wild olive

Post  Nik Rozman on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:33 am

Hi too all of you!
Here I would like to show you the development of my only (sadly) olive tree.

Thi is how it looked when still owned by Karl Thier from Austria. (photo by Karl Thier)


When I got it from him last year it looked like this.


After first stlying, also in spring 2008.


Summer 2008


And this is from spring 2009 when I planted it in a better pot and adjusted the crown a bit.


And on it's first exhibition in Udine, Italy.



This one is very dere to me I love you and I hope you will like it too.

Nik Rozman
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  AJ on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi, Nik - Nice work on this tree. I hope it continues to develop so well for you, and thanks for posting about it.

AJ
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  Garykk on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Just for fun............

__gary



Garykk
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  kenduncan on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 pm

Nik, I like your tree. I remember seeing it on another post a year or so ago.
What I see for this tree is a bigger canopy to go with the massive trunk. Something like the live oaks we see on the coast of South Carolina.
I love the look of the old olive trees, I would love to have one in my collection.
Good luck with this one and keep us posted on its changes.
Ken

kenduncan
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  Nik Rozman on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:54 am

Garykk wrote:Just for fun............

__gary
Gary I ... Shocked ...will take this relly just for fun. jocolor


Last edited by Nik Rozman on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Nik Rozman
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  Nik Rozman on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:59 am

kenduncan wrote:Nik, I like your tree. I remember seeing it on another post a year or so ago.
What I see for this tree is a bigger canopy to go with the massive trunk. Something like the live oaks we see on the coast of South Carolina.
I love the look of the old olive trees, I would love to have one in my collection.
Good luck with this one and keep us posted on its changes.
Ken
Could be that you saw it Ken.
But for this one I'll just make the crown denser.

Nik Rozman
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  AlainK on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:23 am

That's very good work, and the tree looks fairly natural.

I agree with kenduncan, I would see a larger, a bit more rounded top, but this is your tree, and it looks very nice like that. Wink

AlainK
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  Velodog2 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Summer 2008 is my favorite image of this tree.

Velodog2
Member


Back to top Go down

olive changes

Post  moyogijohn on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:33 am

What would you think about removeing the jin from the trunk replaced with sheri??? just a thougt john

moyogijohn
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  Nik Rozman on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:15 am

moyogijohn wrote:What would you think about removeing the jin from the trunk replaced with sheri??? just a thougt john
Look at the first and the last image and you will see that I allredy shortened one jin (actually two but the other one is on the back side). The 'last one standing' gives the shari a nice start (or finish). I think I won't remove it.
But thanks for the tip any way.

Nik Rozman
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  jersanct on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:11 am

Nik Rozman wrote:Look at the first and the last image and you will see that I allredy shortened one jin (actually two but the other one is on the back side). The 'last one standing' gives the shari a nice start (or finish). I think I won't remove it. But thanks for the tip any way.

I really like what you have done by removing the jin. The jin sticking off at a right angle from the trunk created a line that was too harsh/angular/contrived in relation to the trunk, in my humble opinion. I think the jin and shari you kept soften the straight line of the trunk nicely. Thanks for sharing your tree.

jersanct
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Wild olive

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:10 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum