Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fungus on Japanese Maple

5 posters

Go down

Fungus on Japanese Maple Empty Fungus on Japanese Maple

Post  gope Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:10 pm

I doubt there is a way to win the battle but I will ask you all before discarding the tree... Neutral

Fungus on Japanese Maple 2012-011

Fungus on Japanese Maple 2012-012

Fungus on Japanese Maple 2012-013

Cheers

Marcin

gope

Back to top Go down

Fungus on Japanese Maple Empty Re: Fungus on Japanese Maple

Post  GaryWood Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:56 pm

GaryWood

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:35 pm

When I saw the damage I though slugs or snails, but we can't grow Japanese Maples in our climate.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Billy
I have this repeating scar on ONE branch of a Japanese Maple of mine, It was there when I bought the tree last fall does this look like the trail left by a slug or snail to you? Its very regular which makes me thing its a feeding animal rather than a bacteria like the above Maple.

Fungus on Japanese Maple Img_3917
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  gope Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks Garry for the link, ye Pseudonomas is probably the case here although I didn't notice any symptoms on the foliage
I am trying to save this plant after getting it from one of the nurseries free of charge early last year. After proper inspection I realised why was it free-fungal/bacterial infection on the trunk and branches. Repotted to free draining, gritty soil it was doing just fine, foliage was healthy all season, no scorching, die back or yellowing. I only did two treatments with copper-based fungicides, last year after leaf drop and this year before buds were swelling. I sprayed it also with lime sulphur in the winter. Well it seems like the disease is progressing anyway. Is it safe to use copper when the tree is actively growing?
I'm slowly getting to the point that it is probably not worth the hassle, plus the other trees in my garden might get infected by this cr...
Anyone from the northern Europe experienced in treating cankers caused by pseudomonas syringae on japanese maples?
Regards
Marcin

gope

Back to top Go down

Post  wmb13 Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:47 am

wmb13
wmb13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content