Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little ray of sunshine in my garden.

+19
Mitch Thomas
Nemphis
Justin_
coh
quatrefi
DangerousBry
JMcCoy
Todd Ellis
Rob Kempinski
peter keane
Tatang Nuryaman
Poink88
Jim Doiron
Tona
Jeremy
landerloos
moyogijohn
dave steventon
will baddeley
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Little ray of sunshine in my garden. - Page 2 Empty Re: Little ray of sunshine in my garden.

Post  Mitch Thomas Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Will
Point made!

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Little ray of sunshine in my garden. - Page 2 Empty Re: Little ray of sunshine in my garden.

Post  DangerousBry Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 pm

tony wrote:
DangerousBry wrote:No wonder I can't find any decent Prunus.... There all in your Poly tunnel!!!
Bry

The world is a BIG PLACE... get out there... ans stop whingeing Cool

'Ahhh.......' ... That told me Wink

They are easier to spot when they are flowering I guess....
I'm sure there are some growin as heading for next door!! Air layering might be in order =) however the barks not so 'Black'.

Bryan

DangerousBry
DangerousBry

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:37 pm

fantastic trunk Will, the best movement in one I've seen.....by a long way

tony seems to have dug up so many the market is soon to be flooded - prices will be low for years as everyone and his dog will have one haha Very Happy

Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Little ray of sunshine in my garden. - Page 2 Empty Little Ray of Sunshine

Post  bonsaisr Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:34 am

The US has a plethora of flowering trees, but I don't know of anything the equivalent of sloe. Most of our Rosaceae are very disease prone & not easy to bonsai. And nobody ever brought over a blackthorn & propagated it. You never see them for sale here (that I know of).
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:01 am

Iris
I have collected some Crataegus marshallii (parsley hawthorn) mine havn't flowered yet but are progressing nicely. I may be wrong but it may be as close as you can get in the States.

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:35 am

marcus watts wrote:tony seems to have dug up so many the market is soon to be flooded - prices will be low for years as everyone and his dog will have one haha Very Happy Marcus

Don't be so sure Marcus. Its because of beautiful trees like Wills that a demand has been made for these fabulous trees. My farmer friend does not have an unlimited supply.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:39 am

DangerousBry wrote:
'Ahhh.......' ... That told me Wink
Bryan
Bryan, you are in Wrexham, I know that you have many amazing locations within 20 minutes drive...get out there this weekend and look Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Thankyou for all the comments and likes. For those who asked, I made the pot a couple of years back and it seems to get a marmite reaction from people.
Will I be in line for one of your newly collected Blackthorns Tony. Seeing as you slid an advert for yourself in the thread? You shameless hussy you Rolling Eyes Smile
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:59 pm

will baddeley wrote:Seeing as you slid an advert for yourself in the thread? You shameless hussy you Rolling Eyes Smile
Ah... did you see that I encouraged Dangerous to get out there himself though Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  DangerousBry Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:32 pm

tony wrote:
will baddeley wrote:Seeing as you slid an advert for yourself in the thread? You shameless hussy you Rolling Eyes Smile
Ah... did you see that I encouraged Dangerous to get out there himself though Razz
Tony/Will
I'm extremely encouraged!!
I'm seeing Blackthorn flowering all over the place! And I need to be collecting something special for my next visit to "BURRS" Wink

However the weekends been manic..... Roll on 4 day Band holiday.

Bryan
DangerousBry
DangerousBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Kennedy Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:05 am

mine a week agoLittle ray of sunshine in my garden. - Page 2 P1010410
Lee Kennedy
Lee Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:46 am

Another leaf pruning for this one too. Look at the plums on that!!!!
Little ray of sunshine in my garden. - Page 2 IMG_9204
Removed more than half of them once the picture had been taken.
Little ray of sunshine in my garden. - Page 2 IMG_9202
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Will and Bryan,

thanks for the encouragement. We don't have blackthorn [ though it did grow easily down here [ from the Isle of Wight back in 94,] until the neighbours cat got it in 2000.
But we do have Erythroxlum ovatum.cav., which comes from the mangrove swamps, flowers as white small stars, and during our dry season, when no rain falls.
Fruit is a tiny red pill.

AND, yes I do know the cousin.
Beautiful trees.

We have another cousin that grows inland as well. Still testing.
Thanks again.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2